Too Fun To Forget



Some things I don't want to be forgotten.

The other day I heard the kitchen chair move (this is becoming more of a regular occurrence as Lexi has discovered it helps her climb to even higher levels and that it can be moved) and found Lexi standing on the dryer, eating a vanilla wafer. The more amazing find was that the box of vanilla wafers was properly closed and put back on the shelf!

Lexi has been saying goodbye a lot lately. To us when she leaves the room or just the area, and to her baby dolls when she puts them to bed or when she leaves the house. But before she does this she has been saying, "Love you" right before. So she is constantly saying, "Love you... bye". This just makes my heart sing.

Lex has also started telling Izaac that it is ok. She will say, "It's okay Izaac" when he is crying. I love that she is putting more and more words into sentences and that she wants to comfort her brother.

Just today I gave Lexi applesauce in a bowl at her highchair. We have a booster seat at our kitchen table for her now, but she still likes to sit in the highchair for some things. About 10 minutes later I hear the bowl hit the kitchen sink. She had gotten up, picked up the bowl, and put it in the sink all by herself! I couldn't help but just squeeze her with all my might. I just LOVE that she is doing the things that I am teaching her all on her own without me there!

One of Lexi's jobs is to empty the silverware basket in the dishwasher while I am unloading the other clean dishes. Well recently I had put a serving spoon in there that she had never seen before. I did not tell her where to put it and just watched as she picked it up, went to the silverware drawer, stopped for a second as she obviously realized this was not a normal utensil, opened the other drawer and placed it in there. I just thought this was remarkable. It is just so amazing to see her think and problem solve!

After we took the mattress out of the crib, she eventually found it in the room next to hers. She tried to pull it back to the crib. This made me laugh for a good minute.


Comments

  1. She's a sweetheart. We can't wait to see her again in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts