Potty Miracle!
Holy Moly Oly Poly!!
That's about all I can say about Lexi's Potty progress!!
Lexi has been getting closer and closer to being ready to be potty trained. She HATES both wet and dirty diapers and was telling us to always change her and sometimes she would go ahead and just take the diaper off herself. But with having a newborn around I decided I didn't want to start potty training until Lexi turned two. Because by then, Izzac would be a few days shy of turning 3 months and I just figured it made more sense.
Well when Mom was here to help out with Izaac she actually bought Lex a little potty (because she is just so wonderful like that). So we have had this little frog potty in the bathroom for a little while now and every now and then Lexi would actually go in it. But each time was definitely a "lucky" kind of a catch.
Well about a week ago I made Lexi a potty treats jar, that sits up on our counter.
I wanted to get ready for when she turned two and I thought it would be a bigger incentive if she got to look at it for a week before the potty training began because she would just crave those jelly beans even more! (I obviously am not one of those mommies that doesn't believe in sweet bribes).
LOL
Well of course Lexi immediately asked for a jelly bean once the jar was visible. And I told her, she could get a bean if she went pee pee in the potty. So she basically just took that as a no. Every day she would continue to ask and I would tell her the same thing. Well a couple days ago we happened to get one of those "lucky" catches of getting her to pee in the potty, so we made a big deal about it and let her pick out a jelly bean out of the jar.
Oh my goodness! First of all she was ECSTATIC! Second of all, she was able to make this INSTANT connection....
If she made a puddle in the potty, she got a jelly bean.
So on Wednesday she peed on the potty about 4 times. Then yesterday (Thursday) she peed in the potty from morning till night! Seriously! She didn't even pee in her diaper AT ALL except her nap time and when we were at the water park! Even when we went to Bret's for dinner, she took her diaper off and went running towards the bathroom saying, "Pee pee in potty", and Jimmy took her in and she went in the big potty!
And then this morning, it is now 10 am. She has gone about 8 times. She woke up, went immediately and has just continued to go when she has to go! I don't even tell her! Twice I was busy and she just came to me clapping and sure enough there was pee in the potty! I think she is going a bit more then she actually has to because she honestly has become a little obsessed with peeing in the potty lol. So yesterday afternoon and this morning she has been in underwear with NO accidents!
Oh my goodness! Technically I haven't even started potty training and technically she is still one! What a miracle! I am just in awe! Complete awe!
I am hoping this just sticks and she continues to be a potty genius! GO LEXI!!!
That's about all I can say about Lexi's Potty progress!!
Lexi has been getting closer and closer to being ready to be potty trained. She HATES both wet and dirty diapers and was telling us to always change her and sometimes she would go ahead and just take the diaper off herself. But with having a newborn around I decided I didn't want to start potty training until Lexi turned two. Because by then, Izzac would be a few days shy of turning 3 months and I just figured it made more sense.
Well when Mom was here to help out with Izaac she actually bought Lex a little potty (because she is just so wonderful like that). So we have had this little frog potty in the bathroom for a little while now and every now and then Lexi would actually go in it. But each time was definitely a "lucky" kind of a catch.
Well about a week ago I made Lexi a potty treats jar, that sits up on our counter.
I wanted to get ready for when she turned two and I thought it would be a bigger incentive if she got to look at it for a week before the potty training began because she would just crave those jelly beans even more! (I obviously am not one of those mommies that doesn't believe in sweet bribes).
LOL
Well of course Lexi immediately asked for a jelly bean once the jar was visible. And I told her, she could get a bean if she went pee pee in the potty. So she basically just took that as a no. Every day she would continue to ask and I would tell her the same thing. Well a couple days ago we happened to get one of those "lucky" catches of getting her to pee in the potty, so we made a big deal about it and let her pick out a jelly bean out of the jar.
Oh my goodness! First of all she was ECSTATIC! Second of all, she was able to make this INSTANT connection....
If she made a puddle in the potty, she got a jelly bean.
So on Wednesday she peed on the potty about 4 times. Then yesterday (Thursday) she peed in the potty from morning till night! Seriously! She didn't even pee in her diaper AT ALL except her nap time and when we were at the water park! Even when we went to Bret's for dinner, she took her diaper off and went running towards the bathroom saying, "Pee pee in potty", and Jimmy took her in and she went in the big potty!
And then this morning, it is now 10 am. She has gone about 8 times. She woke up, went immediately and has just continued to go when she has to go! I don't even tell her! Twice I was busy and she just came to me clapping and sure enough there was pee in the potty! I think she is going a bit more then she actually has to because she honestly has become a little obsessed with peeing in the potty lol. So yesterday afternoon and this morning she has been in underwear with NO accidents!
Oh my goodness! Technically I haven't even started potty training and technically she is still one! What a miracle! I am just in awe! Complete awe!
I am hoping this just sticks and she continues to be a potty genius! GO LEXI!!!
The potty star herself in her cute Dora undies!



Comments
Post a Comment