Change

No more night shifts this week! Jimmy has officially switched to the day shift. And even after a week, I honestly think I will like both of them about the same, maybe swaying a little bit to the day shift. They really both have great advantages and disadvantages.

The biggest disadvantage to the day shift is time. We no longer have that 3-4 hour buffer with him on the days he works. We used to be able to be with him from the time he woke up till the time he went to work but now he is just gone all day. He's out the door before any of us are awake and back around 7, if we are lucky. And even though the kids are already getting used to a later bed time to see him more, it's really not the same.

So it's strange and just different and I definitely miss him more during the days.

BUT on the plus side, it doesn't matter how noisy it is during the day (which is so awesome as a mother of two kids under the age of two!), Sunday will be completely spent as a family (hallelujah!) and I no longer have any fear, doubt, or concern at night!

It is amazing... AMAZING.... how much security Jimmy gives me. I don't worry about anything or fear anything. Just last night, I sat outside on the deck while reading for a while with the outside light on.

Oh my goodness.... just last week, you couldn't PAY me to go out there by myself for even a second!

I mean I am getting used to being alone and even at night, but I still wouldn't do certain things just for fun, like sit outside by myself in the moonlight. (call me a chicken... it's okay)

Needless to say, I have slept a lot better this week too. Some people have told me, they love to get that whole bed to themselves when their husband isn't home for a night or two, but not me. I hate not having Jimmy there. And it is so soothing to me to feel him next to me all night.

I am looking forward to this the most for the next 6 months.

Anyways, I think it's actually cool that we will continue to switch shifts each season, because it mixes things up. I for one, usually am fond of change and am grateful that we get experience both the different advantages with each shift season. It's kind of nice.

Love you Officer Cox, thanks for being such a hard worker for us. =)




Comments

  1. I love what your wrote, Kathy! Isn't it wonderful to be married to your favorite friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts