Izaac Turns 3!!
It was party time from the minute we all woke up till the minute we went to bed over here, on Izaac's birthday.
Of course, I wanted Izaac to wake up to balloons and decorations everywhere.
Yes, I am a birthday fanatic, especially when it comes to my kids =)
So of course I was up late the night before and up early the morning of, making sure everything was perfect. And like usual, I was ready with the camera when our little three year old woke up.
However, a terrible thing happened that day, and I lost about 2 months worth of videos on my phone, including the one of him waking up that morning.
Ughh.
So the pics will just have to suffice.
Here is the birthday boy that morning
Jimmy got to take off for the day which was so nice. Mom and Dad came up that morning. And then Jake and Cari got here sometime around noon. I thought it was so nice that they all made it up for Izaac's special day. I wasn't expecting it, since it was a Monday.
And Izaac loved everyone being there. He had so much fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa and then his cousins.
Soon after Grandma and Grandpa got here he actually caught a lizard who joined the party for a bit too!
And yes, he actually caught it himself!
He has never caught one himself before, so he must have had some extra special birthday luck!
He was super proud of himself!
After we had some lunch, he actually wanted to take a nap. He has been really liking an afternoon nap lately. So we put him down before presents.
And then when he woke up, he had a great time opening them all up! I think towards the end, he got a little bit overwhelmed though. I'm pretty sure it was just because he didn't like being the center of attention for that long. But you could tell that he was in love with every single one of his gifts.
And of course, it was so rewarding to watch him open each one!
The biggest gift he got this year was a bike from his grandma and grandpa!
He loved it!
Lexi loved it too
After some presents and pizza, it was time for the cake!
I seriously had so much fun making this cake. I had never worked with fondant before, so it was my first time and I really loved learning something new! It definitely took some time. I mean some parts weren't even cake!
And it definitely didn't come out perfect but I was really happy with the results, especially for it being my first time.
Izaac LOVED it too and so it was a big win in my book!
Here is a video =)
It was a super fun day and I think Izaac had a blast.
We love him so much and just cannot believe that he is already 3!!
Happy Birthday Izaac!

































That is such an awesome cake!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!
ReplyDelete