My Three Year Old Boy

THREE.

Three years old.

Izaac, we couldn't love you more if we tried. You fill our home with laughter, all kinds of loud and silly noises, and tons of cuddles and kisses. Every year I think you'll be done with snuggling but so far, you still let us all snuggle you as much as we want! 

There is no mistake that you are a boy though. You make it known to all and are 100 % proud that you are in fact, a male. You are constantly asking to watch "boy" shows, making sure nothing that you touch is pink or purple, and are usually either talking about or playing with swords, guns, or ninja stars. 

Your favorite thing to play is "bad guys" which means you try and fight whoever is the bad guy until they are dead. 
As your mother, I could look into this and probably be a bit concerned, but when you still kiss my boo boos away, cry when people laugh at you, and sing along with any jam that plays, I am not at all worried.

You actually really are one of the sweetest boys I know. As soon as you make a mistake (like spilling the milk or cereal, or hitting some one a little too hard with your "sword") you instantly say sorry without any hesitation. You also are constantly telling us all that you love us. You have the sweetest touch too. Especially if you are looking at someone's boo boo. You make sure to be as soft as possible and you can tell that you just feel so sorry that they have gotten hurt. 

However, even though you have a divine sweetness about you.... you also have some serious sass. I am not too sure where you get this from either as your older sister literally has none lol. But sometimes you act more like the 5 year old girl. You love to say things like, "Fine, I'm not playin with you!", or "I'm mad at you!", or "Don't look at me!". Sometimes it is pretty hard to know how to deal with this. It really is hilarious and every time, we all secretly want you to say it again because it is just so funny, but on the other hand, I know I should probably smash this habit as soon as possible. 

There is no question that you give me a run for my money Izaac dear. You love to test me on lots of things now. It is like a game for you to see what can make mommy pop or make mommy get up to come and discipline you. So this can be really hard. It's hard to get some things done sometimes if you are in the mood to test me. But I am trying to be patient and I keep trying to teach you that you can not say no to me, and that when I say no, that is the end of it. Hopefully, we'll both get better at this soon! 
But I still wouldn't trade you for the world. I don't know how I got so lucky to get to be your mom. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't hear your dinosaur, monster, and wolf noises all day long. You really have so much character and I love that you are apart of this home. You have such a fun and creative imagination. It's so fun to just sit back and watch you play and make up stories and scenarios which is basically all that you do all day. It gives me so much joy that you love to play and aren't glued to a screen.

And if you do ever sit down to watch a show, it's either power rangers, transformers, avengers, or lego ninja warriors. And then about half way through, you get up and try to attempt new moves that you just saw. No that's not a joke. You really do this. EVERY time. And it really is the cutest thing ever.

One thing that is really impressive about you at this age is how well you talk. You talk SO well at your age! Your sentences just keep getting longer and longer and your vocabulary just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Sometimes I just look at you after you say something and am so amazed that you are only 3!

Another thing that I want to mention is how big of a helper you are to me. If I am cooking, cleaning, or organizing something, you are right there by my side, asking to help. And you love to do any chore that I give you. Your favorite chore right now is washing the windows. And even though you use half a bottle of Windex before I can turn around sometimes, I am grateful that you like to help out. 

Here some more fun facts and favorites about you at three.

Favs

Favorite Color: Orange
Favorite Animal: Wolf
Favorite Food: Chicken Soup or Tacos
Favorite Candy: Swedish Fish
Favorite Snack: Popsicle
Favorite Toy: Duplo
Favorite Book: "The Monster at the End of This Book"
Favorite Place to Go: "Jacob and Cari's"
Favorite Show: Avengers
Favorite Thing to Play: "Bad Guys'
Favorite Song: "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
Favorite Character: Iron Man or Bat man

Facts

You still LOVE and ADORE your blanket. You cry every single time I wash it. And every single night, you can bet your life it will be stuffed in your mouth.
You weigh 33 pounds and are 38 inches (had to pin you down at the doctors to measure you, because you were screaming so much)
You love playing outside and stepping on bugs, especially ants.
You are usually dirty, even after you just took a bath or got washed off.
You hate getting your hair cut and usually scream every time we mention it.
Your feet are huge and you need new shoes like every 3 months. It's ridiculous.
You are deathly scared of snakes
You are obsessed with wolves
You literally ask me to watch scary movies or shows sometimes lol
You still get pretty bad eczema from time to time and have extremely sensitive skin
You love baths and it doesn't matter what I do or say, you get too much water out of that tub every single bath
You love to watch Daddy play video games
You make an amazing gun sound lol
You have more of a roar than a laugh and sometimes I think, maybe you really are part dinosaur
You love to race and you make sure we race to your room before bed, every night


You are one adventurous, sweet, loud, active, silly boy Iz Piz and we absolutely adore you. Wishing you the best year a three year old could have! 

Happy Birthday Wolfboy!!






Comments

  1. He's getting so big! And he finally doesn't run away from me. hehe I am very scary of course. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts