Phoenix Zoo
This family hasn't been to the zoo for a really long time and we were way over due. So when Tommy and Holly came to visit, fitting in a zoo day trip seemed pretty perfect. Especially because, the weather wasn't too hot yet.
Unfortunately, Jimmy couldn't go with us because of work. We all missed him.
Even more so, because it was one of the best zoo experiences I have actually ever had! I felt bad that he had to miss it.
All the animals were out to play that day, so it made it extra fun and special. I mean, even the lion was up walking around. He even roared a bunch for us! It was pretty cool.
It was also fun for me because I got to use my new camera lens. And like always, I just loved snapping away.
Here are some of the pics =)
That face Lexi makes kills me every time.
Here, Izaac and Grandpa are looking at the hyenas. While doing so, a zoo keeper came by and watched with us for a bit, so of course Izaac had to say, "I want to shoot that hyena!" as loud as he could lol
The zoo keeper wasn't too happy and then tried to tell us how nice hyenas actually were.
Ya lady, we all believed you....
Uhh trying to escape little miss?
I think not
Grandpa was a big help for me since Jimmy couldn't be with us.
We may of gotten in a trouble once or twice in the monkey exhibit lol.
I mean, it's not really your fault though when the monkeys basically climb on you right?
The classic Lexi picture pose
What?!
A monkey bar in the zoo to swing on?!
I wonder what Lex's favorite thing at the zoo was...
I have been to the Phoenix zoo now a good number of times and not once have I ever seen the Komodo Dragon up and walking around.
This time though, he put on quite the show!
Izaac was 100% convinced that the dragon was a dinosaur and fell in love with him lol.
We stayed behind the group for a good 15 minutes so he could soak him in.
Here he is making dinosaur noises with his new friend
I was actually pretty surprised to how much the kids enjoyed the petting zoo.
Usually they like them but this time they were just entranced the whole time!
They stayed in the area with the goats for a good half hour at least.
Grandpa and Grandma were super nice and got everyone drinks and kettle corn.
The kids loved every bite and slurp.
I swear I gave birth to half a monkey. This girl sure is something else.
And this pretty much sums up the trip.
When you're done, you're done lol
#lifewithlittlekids























































looks like a nice zoo day. we haven't been in ages either. Enok hasn't had nearly the same zoo experiences that my older kids had. Those are the downsides of being the youngest I guess. I admit, I'm surprised your parents sprung for treats! they must be getting softer in their old age. :)
ReplyDelete