First Day of School!!!!!
So our dearest Lexi girl is in school. She is literally sitting in a classroom right now, with her teachers and lots of other students.
I honestly don't even know how this happened. I feel so weird. I am not sure why but I feel so differently now that she is actually in school. Like a different kind of mom. In a way I actually feel more motherly, if that makes any sense at all.
We have a kid in school!!!
I was so proud of her this morning too. It went way better than I had expected. And it was a very relaxed morning at home.
Luckily for us, we have already been getting up super early. Our kids are the kind of "wake up with the sun" kind of kids and so they were both up and running around by 6. So we had plenty of time to make pancakes, talk about school, and take some first day pictures.
Lexi stayed calm and happy too. You could tell that even though she was very nervous, she was a tad bit excited too. She didn't say she was excited but she also didn't say she didn't want to go, which in my book, was a GREAT sign. I think it would have been super hard, had we woken up to a five year old girl, who was certain she did not want to go.
My mom came up the day before (because she is a saint) so that she could stay with Izaac while I took Lexi to school the next morning. This way I could just focus on Lexi and not have to worry about Izaac at the same time. Because, Jimmy unfortunately would already be at work.
Having my mom there made it so nice. It kept me calm and steady and also really let me take it all in and enjoy this big milestone with Lexi.
There was nothing like walking into that classroom together. I think both our hearts were bursting through our chests.
Her room was super cute. We walked around a bit, talked to her teacher Mrs. Graves for a minute, and then went over to her seat, and sat down. We were pretty early, so not alot of people were there yet. I think this was really good for Lexi because it wasn't very overwhelming.
There was a first day of school coloring picture at her desk and pretty soon, she was coloring. This was awesome because she was focused on her picture as the room started to fill with more and more kids. I just sat there with her and watched and tried to not loose it.
Eventually though, it was time to leave.
At first, I thought, oh my goodness, she's not even going to cry! but after I took about 2 more steps towards the door, she had big old tears going down her cheeks. Luckily, her teacher was right there and knelt down next to Lexi as I said one more goodbye. It had seemed like she had stopped crying with her teacher there, so I quickly jetted behind the wall.
Here beyond the wall, where Lexi couldn't see me anymore, was where my waterworks started.
Part of me really hates that she is there without me. That we aren't home together. That I don't know what she is doing or how she is. It was pretty hard for me to just walk out and leave...
But now that I am home, I can feel a small part of me that is excited for her and myself. I can feel that this is going to allow us both to grow in several areas. And even though it hurts, I know it's a positive thing.
I hope that she has an amazing day and I hope that you know my little goose, that I am thinking of you nonstop! and I am so so so so so proud of you.
Oh! And for the record, we LOVE Lexi's school. She is attending Mountain View Preparatory school.
One of the first things people told me to do when we moved here, was to get my kids on the waiting list at this school. I thought they were all nuts because Lexi was only 2 and it seemed SO far away! But nevertheless, we did. And I am so so so glad we did. It is such a beautiful school, we love her teachers from the conference and back to school night that we had, and we love that there is a whole kindergarten section of the school, with their very own play ground. And although I didn't like the idea at first, I actually really like that there is a dress code. I think it's gonna make mornings a lot easier! =)
Here's to a school year of happiness!



Comments
Post a Comment