Field Day


The last week at Lexi's school they had a field day and invited parents to come. So Lexi of course wanted me to join her. 

And I'm so so glad that I did. We had a blast!

It was a little hard, because when I first got there, she was alone standing on the grass when all of the others kids were already running around, dancing, running, and playing. But I am realizing more and more that Lexi actually enjoys to be alone and it doesn't bother her or hurt her feelings.

Anyways, we first got some popcorn and chitchatted for a bit and then Lexi braved up some courage and tried the inflatable obstacle course. I was pretty proud of her.
And then her friend Abby joined us.

And then! Lexi found her groove. It was like all of a sudden she was like she was at home.
She was laughing, running, and you could tell that she just started to feel so comfortable.

And so the rest of the time it was just me following her and taking pictures.
It was so fun for me to watch.

And when Lexi was in the bouncy house, I actually had her teacher Mrs. Graves come up to me and tell me that it was so amazing to see Lexi act this way. She said that she had never seen Lexi smile and laugh like that. 
So it made me feel good that I was there and that it helped her come out of her shell a little bit.

It's crazy that school is coming to an end and that Lexi is getting so old.
I love spending time with her and I hope that she continues to like when I'm around.








Comments

Popular Posts