One Month Zavy Baby
Which is weird considering how I just gave birth yesterday =)
(Just kidding but it really does feel like that)
Zave babe, you are doing so great!
First, you are like, the best eater in the world. Seriously, if there was a baby award for eating, it would hands down, go to you. You eat like a little velociraptor. It's actually currently my favorite thing about you. Because when you are hungry, you literally shake your head and look for food so voraciously. And then once you find that nipple, you are like a puppy with a new toy lol. Mommy likes to tease you and put her nose to your mouth because it's so funny when you try to eat it. =)
Since the day you were born, you have eaten like a champ and consequently, you have also grown like a champ. In fact, at your one week check up, you had already gained weight! The doctor and us were so shocked! Most babies lose weight, ESPECIALLY Dandy Walker babies, but not you! You had almost gained a whole pound! And then at 3 weeks, you were over 8 pounds!
I keep worrying that I am actually feeding you too much!
You're not a bad sleeper either. In fact, the kids could be in your face, pulling your limbs, or acting like train cars in the same room as you, and you don't even notice. I have a feeling you are going to be our best sleeper yet, just because with Izaac around, it's impossible for it to be quiet, so you just deal.
Right now your longest stretch is about four hours. So at night I usually get at least one 3 hour interval of sleep which is better than nothing =)
Your favorite position is without a doubt, being up right and close to someone's chest. This can be a bit tricky if I want to hold you and get something done. But usually I don't have to.
At first, Jimmy and I kept saying how you didn't cry hardly ever! but you have shown off a bit in that department within the last couple of days. I think you finally realized just how fun it was, to see how loud you could get lol
But honestly, I have to say, so far you take the cake as my easiest newborn. You have been a dream all month. You had exactly 3 episodes of being super uncomfortable, but we got a re-flux medicine for it and it must be working, because you haven't been uncomfortable like that since. Praise heaven for that too! hehe
You are starting to smile a little bit when you are awake but we still can't tell if it's intentional or not.
You grunt like no body's business.
You get super hot when you sleep.
It's already very clear that you love to be naked.
You love to suck. So you have the pacifier a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about this either. It's getting to be a bit of a chore to continue to stick it back in your mouth when it drops.
You haven't really shown a liking to baths.
You are now on all formula. I tried so so hard this time around with you but I just could not keep up! I was only making half or less than what you wanted for weeks and so I finally nipped it in the bud just a couple days ago.
You poop lots. They tell you in the hospital that the baby should have pooped at least once in 48 hours. Oh my goodness, you had pooped like 9 times in less than that! Definitely no problems in that department. Though sometimes we can tell it's a bit hard for you to get it out.
And I am pretty sure, you already know who I am =)
Oh! And your brother and sister are literally obsessed with you. I mean obsessed. They are always close by and giving you hugs and kisses. They also both love to feed you and fetch whatever it is that mommy needs for you. (This is nice) They also pray for you in every single prayer they say.
We still just can't believe how good you are doing and consider you a miracle everyday. We all love you so much Zavier.
Happy ONE month!!


Comments
Post a Comment