Last Day of School!

And done!
School has come to an end.

And we have a kindergarten graduate to tell the tale.

It's official, Lexi has survived her first year of school!

And we are so proud of her.

Ya, ya, ya, I know it's just kindergarten and all, it's not that big of a deal, blah, blah, blah.
But you know what, this is a major accomplishment in our book!

Honestly, the whole year went way better than I had expected. Lexi did so great.
She was never able to handle having a substitute. And she was often found alone in the cafeteria or the playground.
But she never put up a fight to go and she always came home with a smile on her face. And every report card home, her teachers mentioned how she was making tremendous progress.

Mrs. Langley actually said that there was one time towards the end of the year when someone was talking out of turn and she looked over and it was Lexi! She said that she was so proud of Lexi for just talking to someone though that she couldn't dare tell her to stop!

So yes, we are very proud of our incredibly shy, reserved, and quiet girl. 
It was not easy for her and I am so impressed that she was able to brave the year out.

And I wanted to make sure she knew how proud we were, so I thought it would be nice to have balloons and flowers when we picked her up on that last day.  

Way to go Lexi girl! 
.... Even though you are already telling us there is no way you are going to do the first grade.

I guess we will just enjoy the summer for now =)


Here is two pictures from that morning and then a picture when we picked her up that afternoon.




Woo Hooo!
Time for Summer!!!

Comments

Popular Posts