Zoo Day with my Girl

I got the opportunity to go with Lexi on her class field trip to the zoo today and something that I was not necessarily wanting to do turned into a day that I will be forever grateful for!

I didn't really want to go because the weather all of a sudden took a turn for the worst this week. It got pretty cold and rainy. Kind of funny since it's never like that lol. Anyways, I also wasn't feeling too great and so going to the zoo the next day in the rain, while not feeling good, didn't particularly sound too thrilling.  

I talked to Jimmy about it that night though and he told me so sweetly that I should still go. So I decided to give it a try.

It was nice because I actually felt so much better in the morning. And then it didn't even end up raining. It was cold lol but no rain!

Anyways, it was so fun walking around the zoo with my girl. We had one other girl, Taryn, with us but she was pretty free spirited and was kind of always off on her own lol. So Lexi and I pretty much had most of the morning to ourselves.

And I just loved how she wanted to hold hands and talk the whole time. I really hope that we can always stay super close.

It was fun seeing her with her friends too. Every now and then we would run into some of her friends and they would run up and hug and squeeze her lol. Eventually we ended up staying with most of them but it was cute in the morning to hear the chorus of "Lexi, "Lexi!" and then see them all love on her.

I actually had a dad (Meila's dad, who happens to be a Captain for DPS) come up to me and tell me that Lexi was pretty famous in their house and Meila talked about her often. 

I am so glad she is getting to make some great friends. 

AND then I got to meet a friend today too! While a lot of the girls were playing on the playground towards the end up the field trip, I met another mom, named Melissa and I just instantly knew we were going to be close!

I even called my mom after we got home later and told her that I had found a new best friend!

So I am so glad that I ended up going today! 

Shout out to my number one girl for asking me to come =) 
Love you Lexi Lou!








Comments

Popular Posts