Carvin' Away


Well once again, I lost all my October pictures. I honestly don't know what it is about October but my pictures this time of year are somehow cursed. All I have is from my phone now.

Anyways, luckily, I snapped a few with my phone too.

We had so much fun carving pumpkins for Halloween this year. We missed Jimmy though. He was working.

Actually- it was crazy- because while we were listening to music and carving our pumpkins, Jimmy called me to tell me that there was a shooting on the highway. Several DPS officers were shot at.

I try so hard to not think about the danger that Jimmy could potentially be in when he is working. He is at work. That is it. 

So it was pretty eerie and emotional after talking to him. It was so strange knowing that while we were laughing and talking while carving pumpkins, he was pulling up to a terrible life or death situation.

For some reason when I dwell on the fact that Jimmy does in fact have a dangerous job, it makes me feel so much more responsible for making sure the kids are being taken care of at home and having positive and uplifting experiences. 

You just never know what's going to happen next.

Anyways, we are excited for Halloween over here! And we are grateful to Jimmy who works so hard for us.







Comments

Popular Posts