The Nantucket Dream

 Nantucket is breathtaking.

My goodness.


I can see why people want to come here.
Jimmy even says it's become his favorite place that he's ever been.


The home we stayed was the most amazing place too. It was more picturesque than any photographer could have asked for. The house and pool were beautiful alone. But the field and flower path that led to this private beach took the cake. I mean seriously. This path leading to the beach looked like something in a dream! And I think we saw maybe 3 other people on the beach the entire week that we were there. It was just so private and peaceful.

The weather was perfect too. Most days were sunny and warm enough for me to be comfortable in a bathing suit and then it would get chilly at night which actually turned out to be super refreshing. It was so nice to feel a cool breeze and hear the waves at night. I thought that I would be uncomfortably cold but I never was. It was perfect. Some of the mornings were super foggy too which was fun and different. Lexi would say she was playing in the clouds.

Day One: We spent our time at the house, the pool, and the beach.

Day Two: The boys played basketball and the girls left to do some shopping and have lunch. The restaurant we went to was so cute and right on the water and I could not pass up getting the lobster roll. And OOOh my goodness, it was heavenly.

Later that night we went back in to town with everyone to get ice cream and walk along the docks. The sunset was beautiful and the ice cream was to die for. Mainly because of the fresh homemade waffle cone. It was definitely the best I have ever had.  Zavier thought so too I think =) We fought for every last bite.

Day Three: Jimmy, me, Izaac, and Amanda and Chris woke up super early to go deep sea fishing. I had never done this before and I really really enjoyed it. Just being out on the ocean was worth it for me. And it was a bonus to catch some fish. Me and Izaac both caught two and Jimmy caught one. Izaac was in heaven and has definitely picked up a pretty high interest in fishing. I thought that maybe he would be bored but he wasn't for even a second. I'm so glad we brought him.

And then right after we got back from fishing, Nona surprised everyone and came to join us! I was so glad that she ended up coming. The kids had so much fun with her and it definitely made it a lot easier for me to relax.

Later that night we made a fire down at the beach and made some s'mores. They were delish and it was so fun to be sitting around the fire all together.

Day Four: Me and the kids spent the entire morning at the beach and Izaac and me made a sand castle. It was so fun working with him. He gets so into building things and I was laughing almost the entire time. The weather was perfect too. I loved feeling the sun.

Then that night Nona and Costa stayed home to watch the kids and the couples all went out to this really really really nice restaurant right on the beach. It was absolutely beautiful. We got to be there for the sunset and the whole time the sky looked like one giant rainbow.

It was so fun to be with just the adults too. We had great conversation and the food was fantastic. I got the crab cake and I would get it every day if I could.

Day Five: Happy Fourth of July! This day was super fun in just the fact that it was a holiday. We had matching bathing suits for the kids and then matching shirts for everyone too. It was pretty cute.

Early afternoon we all went to a light house and then to a cute little market where the kids got a couple toys and snacks. I swear they are the luckiest kids on the planet.

Then we had a great dinner when we got back. Jimmy and Chris cooked and it was pretty perfect for the 4th. Corn, cheeseburgers, shrimps. salads, hot dogs, and ice cream sundays afterwards. I think Izaac had 6 pounds of whipped cream on his ice cream lol.

After dinner we went down to the beach and the kids got to play and do some sparklers. It was a little bit too light though and so we did some again after it got darker.

That night Jimmy and I stayed out on the deck for awhile before going to bed. It was so nice outside. I forgot how nice it feels outside on the east coast at night. Perfect sweatshirt weather. I''ll never forget that night sitting outside with Jimmy. I truly felt like the luckiest girl alive.

Day Six: I woke up pretty early that morning and started getting everything ready to go. This way at about 9, I was able to take the kids down to the beach one more time. It was foggier this morning. It was weird knowing that our trip was coming to an end. I honestly didn't want to tell the  kids to stop playing. I could have stared at them playing in the sand and water for forever. Especially because Zavier had finally become a fan of the sand on his own.

The kids jumped in the pool one last time again and then it was time to get dressed, do hugs, more hugs and more hugs, and go. It was definitely the hardest saying goodbye to Corinne. We are already counting down the seconds to we get to see her again.

Nantucket we fell in love with you. Crystal and Kerry, thank you for an unforgettable, perfect, and beautiful trip! I can't even write about it without crying.

We love you guys.

(Side note: SO much happened that it's impossible to write it all. I'll post all the pictures in the next post but even those, don't capture everything. Just too many amazing moments)

Comments

Popular Posts