Back to School Night

 

These cuties had their "back to school" night tonight and like always it was bittersweet. The kids were excited to start new grades and to see their friends but we were all sad that this meant no more summer and no more spending the majority of our weekly days together.

I know I will miss them terribly.

Anyways, Izaac is starting the first grade this year and has Mrs. Reiley. And I will not lie.

 I wasn't too happy about this at first. When we found out that Izaac would have Mrs. Reiley, we also found out that she was going to have a baby in September. This mean that Izaac would only have her as a teacher for a few short weeks before getting someone else and I just didn't see the point. But I was humbled when I thought more about it and I was grateful that with Izaac, changing teachers would not be an issue at all. (Lexi, for example, would have had a much harder time adjusting). I was also humbled after we met Mrs. Reiley. She is fantastic! Her room was super cute and she had a popcorn theme going on. Izaac even got to take some popcorn home!

I also liked that she did not have assigned seats. Izaac would get to choose where he sat everyday. 

It was also fun because he had a bunch of his friends in his class.
I'd say he's ready.



Lexi is starting the third grade this year and has Ms. Wagner, who is a much younger teacher.

Lexi however, was very hesitant about her class because almost ALL of her friends were in the other two classes. I am a little bit worried for tomorrow morning when she starts and sees almost all of her other friends together in the other room but I too, think it might be a very growing experience for her. I also think it will help her continue to make new friends and come out of her shell.

Also, we loved Ms. Wagner and thought she was very warm welcoming and kind. We will see how tomorrow goes lol.

Lexi is ... kind of ready =)



Comments

Popular Posts