The First Day!
Today I posted on Instagram this picture with the caption, "Worse day of the year".
Seriously. It really is. I totally would home school if I didn't think they desperately needed a social life and some separation from me. Parents keep telling me, "Oh, one day you will love and long for the first day of school!" And honestly I just can't seem to ever see that happening.
I actually really love having them home with me. And so far the first day of school has always been particularly hard because my oldest still has yet to be emotionally okay on it. In fact, some of my very worst moments as a mom have been on the freaking first day of school =(
And today was no different.
Still.
Even with all the preparation talk. It's crazy because Lexi actually really likes school. But the first day or really the first week, is just hard for her to make that change and make that break from me and her normal routine. I mean, I really do know that in a week, she will be more than ok. She's probably okay right now! BUT it still is so hard to leave your baby knowing they feel uncomfortable and sad. Ugh.
Like I said, it's the worst day of the year.
Anyways, besides the crying by both of us (me and Lex that is), the morning went great. Donuts of course. And pictures were done with time to spare.
It wasn't until we got to the cross walk that Lexi got dead silent. And it didn't look up from there lol. We dropped Lexi off first (which who knows if it would have made a difference or not) but she was not happy. I left her in tears.
It was good for me that she was first too because it kept me from crying since I still had to say goodbye to Izaac.
Izaac on the other hand did great and just like Kindergarten, sat down and didn't even look up. It was super cute to watch him sit with his friends this time around too. This also helped with my mood.
Now I am home with Zave and the dog which I have to say, is without doubt helping keep my mind off of my Lex.


















Comments
Post a Comment