Kona Life
Wow. This dog thing is not the easiest gig. Actually, especially after this last week, it pretty much seems like the hardest thing ever lol.
Honestly though, it's not even just Kona. It's Kona. Plus, Zavier.
The two of them together, is a handful. Okay. That's an understatement. A big one.
Ahhh! I'm starting to feel like I'm a walking zombie. Some days I swear, it will be time to take the older kiddos to have a playdate or to gymnastics or soccer or whatever it is and I realize that I haven't brushed my hair all day or managed to put on real clothes. Let alone make up. A couple times now too, mom's will come to pick their kids up and I can tell they are wondering what the hell is happening over here to me hahaha.
I mean, so far, it's been totally worth it. Really it is. But it is
A L O T.
I have very high expectations for training Kona. I have extremely high expectations for the upkeep and cleanliness of my house. And I also have extremely high expectations of myself when it comes to being a mom and a wife.
I refuse to let go of my projects too. I have learned a very valuable life lesson already which is that it is very important to make sure I am spending time doing things for me and just me. It keeps me sane.
So my days are busy lol.
Ahh!! The thing is though. Even though I truly am exhausted, (I swear a puppy is harder than a newborn) I too am genuinely happy. It's impossible to see Jimmy, Kona and the kids everyday and still just not be grateful for everything. BUT I do hope that at some point it gets somewhat easier.
Like, I'm pretty sure Zavier just emptied Kona's water bowl on the floor for the hundredth time and is wearing it as a hat.
I better go.
Here are some pictures and videos from the month of our Kona girl. We love her so!
Comments
Post a Comment