The Most Beautiful Campground
One of the only things that we didn't get to do this summer was go camping! Don't ask me how. Okay, it's actually pretty simple. Two words. Cop Life.
Every time we were supposed to go, plans would unfortunately get changed.
Well, with it being Fall break and again, not being able to go anywhere too far because of Daddy's schedule right now, I decided why not just take the kids camping myself. It was free. It was fun. And the kids have been begging us to go since May!
I have never done this before, go camping without Jimmy, I mean. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I was perfectly capable of taking the kids by myself. And so that was that lol.
So I started to look up places. And found this campsite I have never heard of before, called Burnt Corral. It looked amazing and I decided we should try it.
So Wednesday morning I started getting everything ready to go. Next thing I know, Jimmy comes into Lexi's room where I was and said, your mom is going to go with you. You should call her. Um what!?
Apparently Jimmy at the last minute decided he really didn't like the idea of me going all alone. And funnily enough, that my mom would protect us =) I know that he really just wanted someone there to help me and be there and whatnot but the fact that he called Grandma to go with us will always make me laugh.
Luckily for him, I didn't mind my mom going at all. And either did she. It ended up being really nice having her there.
Long story short, we had a great time. Actually, we had like the best time! Seriously, it was so much fun! And it was SO SO SO SO beautiful. We have gone camping so much in the last 10 years of living in Arizona and I do not understand why we have never came here!
Omgsh.
We had a spot literally right on this lake and it was absolutely gorgeous.
Though, it was quite the adventure getting there. Turns out to get here you have to go past this dam and down this really really long and windy dirt road that was on a pretty high and steep cliff lol. I have NEVER driven on anything like that before. So me and my mom were just laughing the entire time that we were doing it alone.
Anyways, again, we really had the best time and I am so glad that we went. Thanks for going with us mom =)
And Burnt Corral, we'll see you next year. Same time. Same place =)




















































































Comments
Post a Comment