One Already!?!?!?!
Our cute little girl woke up in a tent for her first birthday since we were camping with family at Cave Springs. And it was actually really fun to wake up next to her on her special day.
She was so happy and sweet. Jimmy and I had fun playing with her in our sleeping bags that morning. I think she had fun too =)
Since we were camping, I decided to make a breakfast donut tower/cake to celebrate her birthday there. I wanted to do something special and this seemed pretty simple. I made the sticks at home before we went.
Lexi got to "blow" out her first candle in a donut. This was really fun for me because my parents actually gave me a donut with my first candle in it for my first birthday too =). I thought that was cool.
She was pretty entranced by the little flame. Luckily her daddy was too quick to let her get burned.
She definitely seemed to enjoy the donut. This was her first glazed one. She got pretty sticky lol.
I think she had a good birthday morning in the great out doors =)
Later that day, she got to celebrate her birthday a little more traditionally as we eventually got home. I say "eventually" because she didn't exactly enjoy the last 20 minutes of the ride too much. Little stinker is just a monster in cars. For those parents whose kids love the car, count your blessings =)
When we got home, there was a huge box in the kitchen (no surprise that is was for the birthday girl!) and so while I unpacked from camping, Jimmy and Christina helped put the toy in the box together and played with Lexi. The toy was an awesome slide from Lexi's auntie Crystal. So fun!
Lexi seriously loves it!! She has become quite the master of going up and sliding down now too. It is so cute. I think she thinks she is more like 3.
A little bit later we opened some gifts. I didn't pick the best time though because she was getting a little bit cranky and restless. Oh well. Lots more birthdays will follow. I loved her little birthday tutu =)
We took a couple pics in the beginning and then we recorded the rest. So the video is pretty dang long and it won't let me put the whole thing on here! Grrrr! but here is a small part opening the gift from her auntie amanda.
Later that night, Jake and Cari and their kids came over to have pizza and cake with us. I had made Lexi cupcakes as well as her own smash cake. But while the family was over we just gave her a cupcake. The smash cake we did later when we had more time.
Saying that she enjoyed her cupcake is an understatement! She loved it!!!!!! Pretty sure she devoured the whole thing in under 5 minutes. Then she went straight in the bath!
I hope that she had a good birthday. I know I had fun all day long. I CAN NOT believe that she is one already!!! Happy Birthday Lexi!!! We love you!!! =)








Comments
Post a Comment