No No Nursery!!

Oh boy... I have one of those.....

In our nursery there is ALOT of kids. Don't know the exact number but there are 6 workers in there. So that should give you an idea. And they have each parent/soon to be 18 month old "practice" going to nursery if they want to, before they actually hit the exact 18 month mark. This means, the parent can come in with the child as long as they stay with them. So the child can get a feel for what goes on in there with the ease of a friendly face.

Well, at least Lexi enjoyed those weeks of practicing....

Seriously the first couple weeks, Lexi did great and it was so fun to watch her sing, play, learn, and mingle.

However....

Last Sunday was our first try without mommy. Pretty sure Lexi was border line having a heart attack when I got to her. When they came and got me out of Sunday school (already knew they were coming, for the whole entire building could hear her) she was bright red, and struggling with all her might to get out of Brother Keplinger's arms.

Talk about heart ache. She literally looked ill and tortured. I felt so bad for her, not to mention Brother Keplinger and the other leaders. I think it took her just a good 15 minutes to return to a normal breathing pattern.

We had talked about how they will let her cry for up to 20 minutes if the parent wants (could be shorter if the parent asked), but then they will come and get you. Even though it sucked, it was no surprise that Lexi had endured this 20 minutes with flying colors.

Next week should be fun =). I refuse to give up so we will try and do whatever it takes for her to be okay in there. And I hope it does not take until this next baby comes!




Comments

  1. It will happen someday. This I know. It may take time, but someday she will love nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts