Oh Christmas Tree

We wanted to go out and cut a tree down ourselves this year but by the time we actually went to get a license, there were no more available for the areas near us. Only up by the Grand Canyon and then down by New Mexico. Had no idea how fast these puppies go. Oh well, maybe next year.

Fortunately, I happened to LOVE our tree this year. My husband is so sweet for letting me get it too as it was a bit more than the cheap Home Depot ones. But I'm pretty sure I looked like a child looking in a candy shop when I saw this tree. Luckily for me, my sweet Jimmy obliged. Though for the record, I think he wanted it just as bad. =)

We went to this place, literally 2 minutes from our house and they had hundreds of trees. All different types and sizes. It was fun, as there were lights and fun Christmas music playing. The people there were also very nice and informative. We walked around for a while looking for our tree just enjoying the moment. It was chilly but still warm enough to not have coats. Kind of perfect.

Lexi enjoyed walking around too and had fun looking at all the trees. She was cute to watch. What a fun tradition I think. No fake trees for us for awhile.



We eventually found the perfect tree. About 8ft tall and a noble fur. It smelled delightful and was nice and evenly fat. Fell in love. I love that we have vaulted ceilings so that we were able to get a big one. It really was so fun for me to get it and bring it home!



It took a little time putting it up as it was huge and therefore, heavy. So Lexi ran around while we kept adjusting it, till it looked just right. This was our first real tree, since we always have gone to New York for Christmas and it felt so good to know this was our tree, in our home.

Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones talking, but looking at this tree, just gave me such joy and peace. I am so blessed to have a home to put it in and a family to do these things with.

Eventually, with Jimmy's crazy schedule it got lights and was decorated. And Lexi only broke two ornaments the whole month! Not bad. She also enjoyed helping me water it each day. Each time I would put the watering can back, she would go and get it, bring it to the tree, and "water it". She is so much fun!



Yay for Christmas tree traditions!

Comments

Popular Posts