Thanksgiving for 3!
It is kind of funny that on a normal week night's dinner for us there are usually 13 people and on what is probably the biggest feast of the year, we were down to 3.
Jake and Cari went to Texas, and then Bret and Tevia went up to Lakeside. They were kind enough to invite us and we were also invited elsewhere, however just the 3 of us actually sounded pretty awesome. I had been consistently super tired and still sick on a daily basis and Jimmy was (still is) ridiculously busy with a full time job and the police academy. Also, we left our Jimmy for a couple days the weekend before to go to Idaho. So staying home with together sounded about perfect. Family. Football. && Food. Yup. Perfect.
I went back and forth on whether or not we should just do Chinese food. But I just could't do it. Eternal traditionalist I guess. But it was totally worth it, and so nice since there was really no pressure or time frame. And Jimmy took complete care of all the turkey business!
It really was the perfect day. We played with Lexi in bed in the morning, then daddy went back to bed for awhile, while Lexi helped me bake in the kitchen, as we watched the parade. I absolutely love watching the parade. It just makes me happy! Daddy then woke up, and helped do the turkey.
The only part that wasn't so lovely was that I started getting sick later that night. This night led to my week of death. But thankfully, it was before the actual Thanksgiving Day.
What am I thankful for?
A whole lot. But...
I am most thankful for my family. For my crazy and beautiful Lexi, our new baby baking inside of me, and my sweet Jimmy. As well as my siblings and parents. It really is incredible to live so close to my brothers.
Jake and Cari went to Texas, and then Bret and Tevia went up to Lakeside. They were kind enough to invite us and we were also invited elsewhere, however just the 3 of us actually sounded pretty awesome. I had been consistently super tired and still sick on a daily basis and Jimmy was (still is) ridiculously busy with a full time job and the police academy. Also, we left our Jimmy for a couple days the weekend before to go to Idaho. So staying home with together sounded about perfect. Family. Football. && Food. Yup. Perfect.
I went back and forth on whether or not we should just do Chinese food. But I just could't do it. Eternal traditionalist I guess. But it was totally worth it, and so nice since there was really no pressure or time frame. And Jimmy took complete care of all the turkey business!
It really was the perfect day. We played with Lexi in bed in the morning, then daddy went back to bed for awhile, while Lexi helped me bake in the kitchen, as we watched the parade. I absolutely love watching the parade. It just makes me happy! Daddy then woke up, and helped do the turkey.
We cooked, watched football, ate food, and just played all day. And later on, we put up some Christmas decorations. Like I said, perfect. =)
| We have had these cranberry nut bars as a little snack/breakfast ever since our first Thanksgiving together in Hawaii. |
![]() |
| Such a good daddy |
![]() |
| Homemade piped whip cream. I was pretty excited about this. |
What am I thankful for?
A whole lot. But...
I am most thankful for my family. For my crazy and beautiful Lexi, our new baby baking inside of me, and my sweet Jimmy. As well as my siblings and parents. It really is incredible to live so close to my brothers.





Comments
Post a Comment