Spontaneous Shooting

On the way back from Flagstaff, Jimmy decided to pull over. I asked him what we were doing and he told me, "It's finally time I taught you how to shoot".

Now I have shot a bunch of different guns now (happens I guess when you are married to a man like my hubby). But I still had never shot a hand gun.

Jimmy has given me lessons at home with these fake bullets they used in the Academy, but it's never been for real.

At first I was just excited. What a good idea. And then after some talking, and him shooting first to show me, he gave me the gun....

It was a different feeling this time as it was well loaded and even though I had shot other guns, it just felt a bit eery and frightening.

But I held my own and did what I was taught and I think shot pretty well at the little board we found.

I think this gun is a little bit more scary because I know this is the gun Jimmy will use and have at his side, every second he is on the job. It's not pretend cops and robbers. It's for real, "If someone threatens my or someone else's life, I will pull this trigger".

What power that gun gives someone. It can, in a second, take a life. A little gadget like that. Pretty crazy stuff I think.




Thought this was a pretty shot of the desert. 




Comments

Popular Posts