Cottonwood Creatures

Remember when I posted how we saw a tarantula outside the hotel in Sedona??

Well so far we haven't seen one here!! Wooo!!

 But... we have seen some other crazy creatures. Including, 13, yes THIRTEEN, wild Javelinas pass by a couple mornings ago. I was so startled that I did not even think to get my camera until they were well down the road. Dang it!

I keep looking out every morning now though, so that I might be able to capture this crazy group of rodents, just aimlessly wandering about our yard. 

Those have been the biggest creatures we have seen here. However, not nearly the most frightening. Just the 3rd day we were here, I found my first black widow. Yes, I was frightened to my very soul. And it was definitely a tender mercy from my Father in Heaven that Jimmy was still home. As the car was literally running and ready to go in the drive way. 

So far, we haven't spotted anymore. But my eyes are open. I actually feel braver each day. I guess I am going to have to put my big girl pants on and eventually become a country girl, cuz I have a feeling, I ain't seen nothing yet. 

But here are some shots of what we have seen. Nature is so crazy. The last one, Lexi is actually holding. I love that she is not terrified of "guys". She is such a brave little girl. 





Comments

  1. Some of my kids were quite brave when they were young, but lost that courage as they grew. Maybe Lexi will keep her courage. Then you'll still have someone to protect you if Jimmy's not there at the time. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts