This part of life is called.... Packing
I have heard over and over again from many people, just how horrible packing is. So even though this is Jimmy and my 5th different home together, we really haven't had to pack...I didn't really get what all the fuss was about.
The first time we packed, we literally had about 5 pieces of furniture, some clothes, and a few kitchen gadgets. We packed AND moved our stuff into storage, just the TWO of us, in one night (a couple hours).
The second time, the military moved us. I didn't even have to take out one dish from the cabinet.
And that was it, even though, this is our fifth home. So this was quite the introduction as we went from packing almost nothing, to packing a fully furnished 3 bedroom home with tons of stuff out back and in the garage.
At first, it wasn't so crazy but by the last day, it got a little bit nuts. THERE IS JUST SO MUCH STUFF!
I think I might have said the sentence, "Whew I am almost done" about a thousand times, only to find out, I wasn't even close.
Needless to say, a mother of two babies, with a husband who was either completely gone, or exhausted and sleeping in bed, there were things left behind, and several boxes with a big fat MISC. label.
But it got done. And there were a few fun times.
Lexi especially loved the boxes everywhere. I am sure in her head, they were fun mountains to climb and intriguing caves to enter in. She played in and on them for days.
We got a couple cute family shots too. Sometimes, you just have to make fun of all the crazy!




Comments
Post a Comment