Three Candles & a Castle Cake!
Instead of doing a big birthday party for Lexi this year, we decided it might be best to just have some family and friends over for cake and ice cream. So that's what we did. And of course there were balloons and we had pizza!
And at first I was going to do a pretty simple cake but when we were looking at pictures of "purple cakes" online (me and Lexi that is) we found some castle looking ones on google images and Lexi asked for one that looked like that.
So I eventually found a copy of one that I thought, "Okay I could possibly do that" and hoped for the best!
And Lexi loved helping mommy make all the separate cakes for it, the day before and was in awe that we were making more than one.
Anyways, her birthday ended up being such a fun day! Lexi woke up to lots of purple balloons outside her door which she appreciated a little bit after she first woke up...
And then we had some pancakes for breakfast, since those are her favorite.
Soon after, before Jimmy had to head to work, me and her then went to the store to get her some fun helium balloons and then I let her pick out some flowers, which she thought was the coolest thing ever.
And later she "helped" me with some parts of the cake that afternoon.
Then, after daddy got back and Jake and Cari got there we let her open all her gifts
She absolutely loved everything but she especially LOVED all the play food she got.
It was definitely one of the high lights of her day.
It was definitely one of the high lights of her day.
After presents we then had some pizza for dinner, of course =)
And then lots of friends came over for cake and ice cream.
We had a lot of fun. I seriously cannot even say how grateful I am for all of our friends here. They truly are the best. It is so fun for our children to have so many friends to play with too.
Lexi loved having all her friends come over. And her cousins too! Lexi asked for Hazel all morning long. We were happy that Jake and Cari were able to make it =)
We sang "Happy Birthday" pretty quick after everyone got here and Lexi did a good job blowing out her three candles.






Comments
Post a Comment