An Ice Cream Cone and a Ninja

Lexi knew she wanted to be ice cream for Halloween for quite some time. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure she knew LAST Halloween. =)
So with all of that time to get ready, you would think it would be a breeze to make her costume. 

Ha! Even with all of that prep time, it still was NOT easy to do...

Luckily, I had Grandma's help! However, together we still struggled lol

It took lots of moments where we just sat there in silence as we thought about how to do it. 

But I think it turned out adorable in the end. Thanks so much Mom for your help.

The only problem was, it was WAY too HOT! Poor little thing wanted to stop trick or treating after only like 10 houses. I was actually frustrated about it.

Well we get back to Grandma and Grandpa's to take her costume off, and her whole body is seriously bright red. She was literally burning up inside of this big ball of fluff. I felt like the worst mom ever, for making her wear it. It probably would of been a much better costume for New York lol.

Fortunately, that didn't stop the Halloween spirit. Grandma had the idea of letting Lexi rummage through her dress up box and after a couple minutes of putting a quick Minnie mouse princess kind of thing together, we were back out on the streets. And this time we lasted a lot longer!

It was pretty funny to see people's reactions to her "costume" but it was so rewarding to watch Lexi! She had so much confidence as she rung the door bell, said "trick or treat" and then cheerfully said thank you for her candy.

Izaac did pretty well too, however he was a bit more shy than I had anticipated. He would never be the first one to the door and he always made sure Lexi was either right there beside him or in front of him. 

Izaac chose to be a ninja this year.  And I LOVED the way the costume fit him. I thought it was just perfect. He did too. I actually had to hide it from him so that he wouldn't wear it before Halloween, in fear of him ruining it somehow. 

It was super fun putting it on him, Halloween night. He was so excited! It made taking pictures so fun for me. He just kept doing all these different ninja poses. It was the cutest. 

His biggest problem that night was having a heavy bucket to hall around. After it got too full, it really was heavy and he wasn't a fan. Kind of ironic lol.

So in the end, he didn't make it as long as Lexi. Him and Grandma walked back to the house to relieve him of walking around with a bucket full of candy =)

Jimmy had stayed at the house for the second run, so eventually it was just me, Dad, Amanda, and Lexi. I'm so glad Amanda was there. It was so fun.

Again, I still just can't believe at how big the kids are getting. Nights like tonight are just huge reminders of the fact that they are getting older. I mean Lexi was able to count all her candy when she got home this year! 

It was a great Halloween and I am so thankful that it was full of family. We are so blessed.

Happy Halloween!

























Comments

Popular Posts