Daddy is THIRTY!


Jimmy is now thirty!

Is it just me, or does that sound incredibly old?????

It sounds so crazy! How old is your husband?.... um 30!

It feels so grown up. 

I wanted to surprise him by having 30 balloons over his head when he woke up but it was pretty much impossible to do this, since we stayed up till who knows what time it was that morning playing games with Jacob and Cari.

And I didn't want to wake him up on his very own birthday, in our room, blowing up balloons. I also didn't want to wake up anyone else that morning (mom and dad as well as Jacob and Cari's family spent the night leading up to his day). So I decided to blow them up when a bunch of the family went shooting that morning. And because of all the kids, the only safe place for them was in our bedroom. LOL.

So my vision of balloons everywhere for him, kind of failed. Oh well.

We had a nice breakfast that morning including lots of extra bacon and then Jimmy got to go shooting, which is of course, one of his favorite things to do.
(YES, Jimmy was actually off work today!!)

We played games and hung out the rest of the day and at one point or another he opened his gifts.

Grandma had taken Lexi to the store the night before, so that she could pick out her very own gifts for Daddy, since mommy never found the time, and she was BEYOND excited to give Daddy what she had picked out.

Pepperoni was one of them =)
I actually love that she got to do this with her Grandma.  Everything about it just makes me so happy.

Then shortly after presents, and of course, pizza, we had some cake.
We splurged and got a DQ cake this year and so once again, I found myself, just taking off the plastic top! (bittersweet)

Anyways,
Happy Birthday Babe.

I love you.

I love that every year is new and that we get to go through it together each and every time.
And I love that I get to watch you blow out candles every birthday for the rest of eternity =)
Because celebrating you, will always be one of my all time favorite things.

Here's to the best 30th year ever!
Thank you for all that you do for me and the kids. We are your biggest fans.

(Oh and just for the record, I desperately wanted to throw him a big dirty 30 or nerdy 30 party, but I was not allowed, but I would like this to note the fact that I wanted to, because I did.... badly)





P.S. There are not that many pictures because Jimmy has been a wizard lately at avoiding the camera...


Comments

Popular Posts