Painting Pumpkins!


Because the kids painted pumpkins last year, it was definitely on their radar for this year. They probably asked me a million plus times when it was time to paint pumpkins.

And so with each  and every step of the process in doing this, came lots of squeals and smiles.

Picking out the pumpkins, holding them in the car on the way home, picking out the paint colors they wanted at the store, getting out the newspaper to put on the table, I mean, there were squeals all the way to giving them their little brushes.

It's so enjoyable to watch my children be so excited about these little things. Because to them, they are the big things. And I love that I get to be a part of their squeals and smiles. It gives me so much joy and worth.

Lexi of course chose to paint her pumpkin pink and purple. Just the idea of another color alone, made her cringe lol.

Izaac on the other hand, wanted every color in the store EXCEPT pink and purple.

I just can't get over how funny that is. He ended up with red and orange.

It was also really funny to watch how differently they painted. Izaac though fully concentrated, (you can see in the pictures.... he comes across as very serious and even a bit mad haha) was fast and well, sloppy lol. While Lexi on the other hand, was sooooooo slow and careful with every stroke.

It was a nice fun activity!
















Comments

Popular Posts