First Black Eye
It was one of those Sundays. (No not what you're thinking)
It was actually an amazing one. The one where you have all the time in the world to spare. The one where you got it together. The one where you get to Church 10 minutes early with kids who have been properly put together, picked up someone in need of a ride to church, have treats in the kitchen for your lesson, and you actually look somewhat decent yourself, and you think to yourself, ya, I'm super mom.
.....
Oh! And dinner was already cooking in the crock pot at home.
Oh! and last, it was 9 in the morning church, mind you.
......
Yep, you got it all together until you don't lol.
Everything was pretty perfect until we were packing up to go after church had ended.
I was putting the stuff from my young women's lesson away when the next thing I know, not only is Izaac hanging on edge of the little table, but he is now falling down, with the table crashing on top of him.
(turns out, he weighed more than he thought)
And unfortunately, where did the edge of the table flip?
Right on top of that eye.
Screams.
I am talking, bloody murder, I am dying shrieks, erupted.
I am talking, bloody murder, I am dying shrieks, erupted.
Of course, I had a recently baptized young woman waiting for me to bring her home too,
So I had to remain all calm...
I don't think Izaac stopped screaming until we were home. And well from then on out that day, I did not have it together.... I think the shrieking got to my head.
Surely, I am kept humbled when I picture my cape behind me =)
Anyways, this is Izaac's first black eye.
And unfortunately, I'm pretty certain, it won't be his last...


Comments
Post a Comment