Let's Talk
Lexi has been so fun in her conversations lately. Her new thing is to come up to me and say, "Mom, let's talk". and then she loves to just sit and talk about random stuff. Sometimes it's about things like school or her friends and sometimes it can be so serious, like "If God made Jesus, who made God?" or "What does heaven look like?"
And one of the best parts about this is that she loves to talk in my bed. Probably because she knows I'll take her up on that, or I'm already there. (This baby in my belly makes me a pretty tired mama these days).
So usually sometime after dinner, she invites me to go to the bed and talk. So not only are we talking but I get to snuggle up with her too.
So usually sometime after dinner, she invites me to go to the bed and talk. So not only are we talking but I get to snuggle up with her too.
And then she'll look up at me with those green eyes of hers and start to talk to me like we are the oldest of friends. It's become one of my most favorite things.
I love love love that I have Lexi as a daughter. I love thinking that we will always be best friends just like me and my mom are.
And I love to hear how Lexi's brain just keeps turning and turning. It is truly amazing to witness. Each day I feel like she grows a little more wise.
I hope our chats last forever.
Love you Lexi girl.
Love you Lexi girl.
Comments
Post a Comment