Sugar Cookie Day
A couple of weeks ago I watched a video on flood frosting sugar cookies and ever since I have really wanted to try it. Then I realized, it would be a perfect time to have nice cookies for everyone on Thanksgiving!
So I decided that the day before the holiday, I would take a "me" day and listen to music and decorate cookies all day. To some this might sound boring, lame, or dumb but a cookie day, to me, sounded pretty dang perfect. I told Lexi about it too and it was super fun because she honestly was just as excited as me.
Man, I love having a daughter who enjoys the same things I do!
So on Thanksgiving Eve, we really did have a cookie day. And it was AWESOME =)
I seriously love taking the time to frost each and every cookie. It's so relaxing to me. And it was fun letting the kids help do some too. It was also neat because Lexi took such interest in watching me do mine. It made it even more special.
They didn't come out perfect. Mainly the colors were a little bit off. But I learned a lot and I honestly enjoyed every second of it.
In fact, I might make Thanksgiving Eve a special baking day tradition from now on!




Comments
Post a Comment