Thanksgiving 2016
Another Wall Thanksgiving took place at our home this year, and like always I was so so so grateful.
I love that my family is willing to make the drive up here so that I don't have to choose between having dinner with my family or Jimmy on Thanksgiving.
So it was super nice to be able to have dinner here before Jimmy had to head off to work.
Also, I have probably said this before, I actually LOVE hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I love getting the tables ready, I love having a huge menu to fill, and I love spending the time in the kitchen with my dad, who every year I have hosted, has been my right hand man.
Yes, it's hectic. Yes it's a lot of dishes, and yes it's a lot of food. But man I sure love every minute of it!
I love waking up early, turning on Christmas music, starting the fire, and then starting my list. It's almost enchanting. Yes, I'm serious =)
I love Lexi and my tradition of making the chocolate cream pie together early that morning.
I love snacking all day, having the parade or football on in the back round, and just the feel of a festive day.
I love the smell of the turkey as it cooks.
I love thinking about all the things that I am grateful for and hearing my kids list off their thankful lists as well.
And I love knowing that Christmas is right around the corner!
I just love it all.
I also especially loved being pregnant this time around. Our little bun in the oven is definitely something I am most grateful for this year!
Anyways, things went really well this year. I think it was the easiest year yet and I thought that all the food turned out pretty great. I was particularly impressed with my pecan pie. Every crumb got eaten! It was so nice being with family and knowing that I have such a good one =)
Happy Thanksgiving!!











Comments
Post a Comment