Nutcracker
We started a wonderful tradition this holiday season which was a girls day to go and see the Nutcracker.
Lexi and I went with Grandma to see the show in Flagstaff and we all had such an amazing time!
The Flagstaff symphony performed the music and they had a special "Loli Pop" kid version during the day on Saturday, where they had local dance academy's do the dances, including students from NAU. (Which I have to say, was absolutely perfect for kids.) And then all the kids were given a loli pop!
It was particularly special for us because my best friend Jess was playing the harp in the Symphony too. It was so neat to watch and hear her play!
Anyways, Lexi had been counting down the days to see this performance and it did not disappoint her, or me!
In fact, it was such a memorable experience for me. One that I will never forget. I actually cried lol.
When the show started, it was first just music, but then after a few minutes, the main ballerina came out, and oh my goodness, Lexi was completely memorized. So awe stricken that she couldn't even move.
And after a couple seconds, she whispered over to me, "Mom, is she real?"
And after a couple seconds, she whispered over to me, "Mom, is she real?"
She was entranced by this beautiful ballerina and it seriously just made me cry.
Every movie we have ever taken her to, she is floppin around, not really paying attention, and after 20 minutes or so is clearly not very interested.
But this show, she never looked away for even one second.
Although I am not a huge fan of ballet, it was so rewarding to watch her be so interested in something.
She now listens and dances to the nutcracker music, every chance she gets.
I am so glad she had a good time. And I can't wait to go again next year.
It was extra fun too because up in Flagstaff, there was so much snow on the ground, so on the way home we stopped so that Lexi could see it for a couple minutes.
Perfect outing. Love my girl.
Thanks for going with us mom!









Comments
Post a Comment