The Zoo!
After finding out that the baby had something wrong with his brain a big part of me wanted to just stay in bed and do absolutely nothing. I felt numb in a way.
Luckily for me, I have the best mother in the world, who offered to take me and the kids to the zoo that Friday and it ended up being just what I needed.
I realized that I should be soaking up this precious time with our older two kids and make sure that they know how important and loved they are. So spending a day at the zoo with them was a really nice way of doing that.
It also really helped to lift my spirits. It was nice being out in the sun, and being able to see my kids running, laughing, and smiling. It helped a bit to be able to see a bigger picture too.
It was also kind of the perfect day to go. It wasn't too cold or too hot and there were not that many people there.
The kids had an absolute blast. Ironically though, I feel like we honestly didn't even see too many animals. I think this time definitely took the cake of seeing the least number of animals at a zoo in all my life lol.
We mostly spent time doing stuff. Riding the camel. Playing on the playground. Petting the goats. Riding the carousal. Eating popcorn and slurping slushies.
But again, it was kind of perfect. I really enjoyed this day with the kids and my mom.
I am so blessed to have them.
Thanks mom for taking us!






































Comments
Post a Comment