Valentines 2017
Besides not seeing Jimmy until much later than expected, Valentines was pretty wonderful. Lots of fun, chocolate, and smiles.
We started the day out super early because Jimmy had to leave by 630. So we were all woken up to treats from Daddy. Seriously, he is the best. I'm sad I didn't get pictures or video of the kids getting their treats, especially Izaac. Jimmy had bought him a new mario shirt and he fell IN LOVE. He put it on right that second.
Jimmy had balloons and chocolates for both kids too. And then there were some beautiful flowers for me =) I literally woke up to flowers right there by my bed side. Oh! and my own chocolates which I may or may not have finished by the end of the day...
After we opened up our gifts and bid Daddy farewell, we made heart shaped pancakes of course! Only this time, we made them red! I thought they turned out super cute. The kids loved them too.
And for special, I even let them top them with some whipped cream! Yum!
After pancakes, we sent Lexi off to school and I made some cupcakes for her teachers. I had a lot of fun decorating them. I have quite the collection of Valentines Day sprinkles now, so it was fun choosing which ones I wanted to use.
I treated myself that afternoon to a very long shower. I even did my nails and hair. Why? Because I had a hot date with my hubs later. We were supposed to drive down to Phoenix at around 4 and then my parents were going to watch our kids. I was so excited. We were going to this awesome brick pizza place down town.
Before we knew it, it was time to pick up our Lex and she was super excited about showing us all of her Valentines that she got in school.
We then took some fun pictures and had fun snuggling in bed while waiting for Daddy. Except, he never came. He didn't get home till about 8. So unfortunately, our date didn't play out as planned.
But we did still drive down to Phoenix and we did still have pizza. Just super late =)
I know lots of people don't like this holiday but I love it.
Happy Valentines!




















You're such a TERRIFIC mom! No wonder your kids are doing such sweet things. Love you!
ReplyDelete