Cave Springs
We got to spend another awesome camping weekend up at Cave Springs this year. It's been almost exactly 5 years since our last trip there and it was just as beautiful as we remembered.
And this time we had two new additions with us. Izaac and Zave babe.
It's so fun having three kids. There is always some sort of entertainment to be had =)
We got to spend the weekend with Bret, Jacob, and Nicole's family's. Alex and Nicole recently moved to Surprise and so we have another family to add to the mix!
Unfortunately, Jimmy couldn't stay the whole time so I had to man up and do the camping thing as a single mom for two days but honestly it wasn't bad at all! With Zavier being an angel baby and then with everyone's help, it was easy peasy.
I'm so glad we go to go! Thanks Bret for planning the trip!
We mostly just did the regular camping thing. Good food, lounging around, great conversations, kids getting as dirty as possible, and some creek play. But this time around we also took the trip over to Slide Rock, which was seriously so cool! I had envisioned something so different and I really was surprised at how much I liked it. Even with the big crowd.
Our kids loved it too.
Though, they did not like the long walk back to the car lol.
And to state for the 100th time, Zavier was absolutely incredible.
For babies, this place could give you a bajilion and one reasons to complain. But Zave was as happy as can be the whole time. Baby boy, you are heaven sent.
I just kept picturing taking Lexi to this place at that age.... I don't think I would have lasted 5 minutes! lol
The kids favorite part of the trip though was most definitely the late afternoon that me and them spent down at the creek. We stayed down there for a good two hours I think, while Zave just slept in his car seat.
The kids had so much fun looking at fish and bugs, jumping from rock to rock, and pretending all sorts of fun things, like being a mermaid or captain hook.
After a little while Uncle Bret joined us too and it was fun for me to watch the kids just love on him so much. I like that as they are getting older they are both starting to finally open up to some other adults.
Later that evening uncle Jake took Izaac fishing too. It was cute. They even caught a fish! Too bad Izaac was too afraid to hold it though.
It was weird sleeping in the tent without Jimmy that night. It was a first for me. But even though it was kind of hard for me to sleep, the kids slept like champions. Like usual, Zavier didn't wake up until 6. And with the amazing thermos that we have, I was able to wake up to hot water right in the tent, so feeding him was a breeze.
We came back home with lots of good memories. And lots and lots of laundry! I think every single clothing item that was brought was covered in dirt.
Oh! And we got to stop for yummy pizza on the way home.
Till next time Cave Springs!
Pictures!
Can you spot the cute amazing baby?!
Number 1





















































I love their smiles!
ReplyDelete