Trip to Orderville
My parents wanted to do a last family trip before they left for their mission and this little town called Orderville, up in Utah near Kanab, ended up being our destination.
The plan was to stay in Orderville for two nights, then drive down to Jacob Lake to camp for the next night. This way we could do a small trip to the north rim of the Grand Canyon too.
Unfortunately, as the days got closer to the trip, it became evident that Jimmy wouldn't be able to get off of work. This really sucked. Not really because I was nervous about going by myself with the kids but because I really wanted him to go and just be with us! Ughh.
Anyways, since I was on my own, my parents were nice enough to meet me and caravan with us since it was about a 5 hour drive.
So the plan was to meet at the exit for Cottonwood at 7:45am.
And hands up for me because I was ready to go, kids in the car with snacks, gear, drinks, toys, and more at 7:20! I even had laminated road trip scavenger sheets for the kids! Woo!
So we're all ready to go and I go to start the car and...
it doesn't start.
I try about a dozen times.
Nothing.
So I go and get Jimmy and he pops the hood and all that jazz and we just can't figure out what the heck is wrong.
Until a light bulb goes off! And I think about how about a year ago, after we got our brakes done, the guys at the place weren't able to start the car either. They actually tried for over an hour. Long story short, they ended up hitting the starter with a hammer and it did the trick!
So I reminded Jimmy of this and told him that's probably all that we had to do.
Unfortunately, he was pretty skeptical at first.
Again, long story short, I ended up having to call my parents to tell them the news and how we would be late.
So they decide to come meet us at the house.
Meanwhile, guess what!? After another little bit, Jimmy finally tried the ole' hammer trick.
And Walaaaaa!
Car Started.
So my parents got to the house and about 10 minutes later we were on our way.
(We kept the hammer in the car, just in case)
The rest of the drive there was easy peasy. It was also beautiful.
We got to the place that afternoon and it was cuter than I expected. I have to say, it was also kind of weird. I mean there were doors up high on the wall as decoration...
But it was really nice and big and the kids were so excited to be out and explore a new place, inside and out!
We lucked out and got the main sweet downstairs too. This was super nice because I was able to put Zave in the closet because it was so big. And the angel that he is slept like the total baby that he is too.
All night.
Both nights we were there.
Bless you sweet baby of mine.
In the next hour or so everyone got there. And like always, it felt so good to be with everyone. I'm glad my parents got us all together.
And within the next couple days, we had talked, danced, played games, some people hiked, made and ate good food, visited the Coral Pink Sand Dunes, played outside, made smores by the fire pit, played the switch, just relaxed, went to the playground, and probably more.
And oh my goodness, little baby Zave... I can not even explain how wonderful this baby is! He was so good! So good in the car, so good at the place, so good sleeping, so good at the Sand Dunes, so good everywhere we went.
Seriously, so good!
So that made it ridiculously nice for me.
Oh! And I should add on Saturday after the park and some lunch, we passed a mega big forest fire on the way to Jacob Lake. So when we got to the spot we were camping at it was super smokey. So after a little bit I decided that I didn't want Zavier breathing in all that smoke for the next two days and opted to go home a bit early. So me and the kids missed camping that night and seeing the Grand Canyon.
But that's okay. We had a great ride home. I think we listed to Thunder, by Imagine Dragons, a billion and one times, as per requested. =)
Here are some pictures!
Thanks for the trip Mom and Dad! We had a blast!
Oh! And here is "Grandma's Crazy Lunch" that she did one of the days for all the grandchildren.
The kids were in heaven.










































Looks like you all had SO MUCH FUN!
ReplyDelete