We Are Going To Miss You When You're Gone


So this is a hard post for me.

It was a pretty rough weekend.

Two of my closest and dearest friends moved away from me. And they were within 24 hours of each other.

Jess and Doug went first.
Doug has finished up with his residency and so it was time for them to start the next chapter of their lives in Michigan. 
I am telling you, sometimes I feel like one of the main reasons we were led to Cottonwood was simply so we could meet this family and so I could meet a forever friend. Being a road or two down from Jess has been one of the most amazing blessings ever and I can not even begin to express how much I am going to miss her. We got to end their time here with a bang too as they stayed with us the last night they were here. 
It was so nice talking late into the evening with them. 
Ughh but it was heart wrenching when we said goodbye the next day after church. Even Jimmy shed a couple tears.

We are going to miss you guys so much!


Unfortunately, that wasn't the only goodbye that happened either. 
The very next day my parents came up to Cottonwood to say their last goodbye before they left for their mission to Tiffin, Ohio.

I am so proud of them and I really do believe that this is what they need to do right now but it doesn't mean we are not going to miss them like crazy!

We have seen them probably every week for almost the entire year and them being gone really is going to affect our every day lives, especially the kids. Both Lexi and Izaac are so so close to them and it kills me that they won't be able to see them for a year!

And it is without question that I am going to miss them too, especially my mom. 
Having her in Arizona has been a dream. I love it. 
I love being able to see her all the time and getting to go shopping and out to lunch and just hanging out. I really am going to miss the time we spend together and all of her help!

But again, I really am proud of them. 

And I know that life goes on. 

But, just know, we are all going to miss you when you're gone!

Here are some pictures I snapped with my phone that day.
I don't know why I didn't get better ones and with my good camera! 
Oh well.

Love you guys!
And it's okay if you come home early =)



Comments

Popular Posts