18 Months & Still Adorable
Um 18 Months??... WHAT?!
Holy smokes, our little Lexi is now a big 18 months old already! We watched her birth video this past week and it seems so unreal that so much time has gone by in what seems like only maybe a few months!
And I feel like lately, in each new day she grows/learns SO much more! I swear everyday she learns a new word and/or a new trick! She is quite the intelligent little girl.
She is even saying sentences! All of which consist of the word, "where". "Where's dada?" or "Where's the ball?", and my favorite, "Where did it go?". She loves to say this after hiding something. And usually this is done between her legs. She will take a toy, put it in her legs, cross them, and then look up and say, "Where did it go?". Can't help but melt every time.
She is my whole world when Jimmy is gone and I wouldn't want it any other way. I still cannot get enough of her. She is just too cute! And I love that I can really begin to teach her things now.
How to wipe up a mess
How to pick up her toys (this has turned into some very long moments)
How to eat with a fork/spoon... She can now eat an entire thing of yogurt with a spoon and not get any on her bib or hand! (on a good day lol)
How to sing certain songs (right now we are working on, wheels on the bus, the itsy bitsy spider, and chapel doors)
How to play certain games (patty cake, bean bags, and throw the ball or make a basket)
How to put on and take off her shirt. She can actually get it off now most of the time without my help!
This list could go on and on! and I love it. She is learning so much! And what's fun is that she wants to! She is so amazed when she is introduced to something new and it is so fun to experience each new day with her.
Yesterday we went for a walk and she talked to me the entire way! Literally just babbling away and looking at me to continue to agree and speak back as if I knew what she was saying. I wish I had my camera to record it.
However, she has also started a new phase where, "bedtime" means run, cry, and scream for forever. Omgsh! She was down to finishing her bottle and literally walking into her room and telling us SHE was ready for bed! And just this week, she decided that this was not going to be the case anymore!
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED! Even today, she screamed for 20 minutes before finally giving in and taking a nap.
I have learned that parenting will never end. That phases will come and go in the blink of an eye. And that all we can do, is continue to parent and love her.
I have also learned that it goes by FAST! Where my little baby went, I really am not sure. 18 months... so hard to believe. But she is truly an amazing toddler. So full of life, so sweet, and so so fun.
Some more quick facts so I don't forget,
LOVES to read. Favorite book right now is "B is for Bear"
Doing summersaults on her own. We call them flips.
Always wants a fork or spoon when eating
Fav food is still pizza and she knows that word for sure!
Fav thing to do is to be outside
Knows, head, shoulders (points to her cheeks), eyes, mouth, teeth, hands, arms, knees, belly, toes, and booty.
Says, mama, dada, mom, wow, hi, bye, juice, ball, baba, baby, grandpa/grandma, boo, dash, duck, bro, go, no, nana, map, and almost back pack and blanket
Still climbs everythings
Will now jump off window sill into bed
Can climb on mommy and daddy's bed without help
Dances to anything
Already obsessed with chocolate. She knows what this word is for sure too.
Loves ice in her cups
Hates strangers if they get too close
Loves baby dolls
Still has no hair
Literally goes crazy on the couch if she is hyper. Turns, spins, jumps, flips. Kind of hilarious.
LOVES all animals
and has started to actually enjoy watching Dora
You give me so much joy Lexi Christine. And I love love love being your mother.
Holy smokes, our little Lexi is now a big 18 months old already! We watched her birth video this past week and it seems so unreal that so much time has gone by in what seems like only maybe a few months!
And I feel like lately, in each new day she grows/learns SO much more! I swear everyday she learns a new word and/or a new trick! She is quite the intelligent little girl.
She is even saying sentences! All of which consist of the word, "where". "Where's dada?" or "Where's the ball?", and my favorite, "Where did it go?". She loves to say this after hiding something. And usually this is done between her legs. She will take a toy, put it in her legs, cross them, and then look up and say, "Where did it go?". Can't help but melt every time.
She is my whole world when Jimmy is gone and I wouldn't want it any other way. I still cannot get enough of her. She is just too cute! And I love that I can really begin to teach her things now.
How to wipe up a mess
How to pick up her toys (this has turned into some very long moments)
How to eat with a fork/spoon... She can now eat an entire thing of yogurt with a spoon and not get any on her bib or hand! (on a good day lol)
How to sing certain songs (right now we are working on, wheels on the bus, the itsy bitsy spider, and chapel doors)
How to play certain games (patty cake, bean bags, and throw the ball or make a basket)
How to put on and take off her shirt. She can actually get it off now most of the time without my help!
This list could go on and on! and I love it. She is learning so much! And what's fun is that she wants to! She is so amazed when she is introduced to something new and it is so fun to experience each new day with her.
Yesterday we went for a walk and she talked to me the entire way! Literally just babbling away and looking at me to continue to agree and speak back as if I knew what she was saying. I wish I had my camera to record it.
However, she has also started a new phase where, "bedtime" means run, cry, and scream for forever. Omgsh! She was down to finishing her bottle and literally walking into her room and telling us SHE was ready for bed! And just this week, she decided that this was not going to be the case anymore!
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED! Even today, she screamed for 20 minutes before finally giving in and taking a nap.
I have learned that parenting will never end. That phases will come and go in the blink of an eye. And that all we can do, is continue to parent and love her.
I have also learned that it goes by FAST! Where my little baby went, I really am not sure. 18 months... so hard to believe. But she is truly an amazing toddler. So full of life, so sweet, and so so fun.
Some more quick facts so I don't forget,
LOVES to read. Favorite book right now is "B is for Bear"
Doing summersaults on her own. We call them flips.
Always wants a fork or spoon when eating
Fav food is still pizza and she knows that word for sure!
Fav thing to do is to be outside
Knows, head, shoulders (points to her cheeks), eyes, mouth, teeth, hands, arms, knees, belly, toes, and booty.
Says, mama, dada, mom, wow, hi, bye, juice, ball, baba, baby, grandpa/grandma, boo, dash, duck, bro, go, no, nana, map, and almost back pack and blanket
Still climbs everythings
Will now jump off window sill into bed
Can climb on mommy and daddy's bed without help
Dances to anything
Already obsessed with chocolate. She knows what this word is for sure too.
Loves ice in her cups
Hates strangers if they get too close
Loves baby dolls
Still has no hair
Literally goes crazy on the couch if she is hyper. Turns, spins, jumps, flips. Kind of hilarious.
LOVES all animals
and has started to actually enjoy watching Dora
You give me so much joy Lexi Christine. And I love love love being your mother.
| Does this everytime she drops something |

and loves to skype with grandma and Grandpa! Don't forget that! :)
ReplyDelete