Seven New Years and Counting
New Year's Eve 2005, just as the ball dropped, I kissed Jimmy for the first time on the cheek and told him I wanted to be together. We were sitting together on a recliner at Monica's house, where a big party was going on. But nothing mattered to me but him. It was one of the most nervous and exciting moments of my life.
And despite college, deployments, and whatever else, we have been together watching that ball drop each and every year since.
This year we spent the early hours of the night at Bret and Tevia's. It was fun. There were lots of yummy foods and fun drinks. My fav was the wings. I had about 10 and probably would have had more, had there not been anyone else there. Wings has become one of my favorite foods.
We stayed there a bit and then we left around 9ish to Jake and Cari's where we played Power Grid. This was so fun too. We love playing games over there. We all get silly and it is a good time. Jacob unfortunately won though!
Lexi made it to about 10 until we just HAD to put her down. And I was way impressed with Hazel and Speed because they actually made it to midnight! Crazy kids!
Anyways, our game finished seriously 10 minutes before midnight and so we rushed to get Lexi and sped home. (Jake and Cari don't have tv at all so we couldn't watch the ball drop there and they wanted to watch some concert that wasn't that important to us, so we opted to try and make the drop)
We arrived probably 10 seconds after it dropped lol. But there was still confetti everywhere and the moment was not lost. Lexi was awake at this point and so we all got to experience it together. It was amazing to be there with the two most important people in my life. I love them so much.
Lexi quickly went to bed and Jimmy and I stayed up drinking the whole bottle of sparkling cider and watching Netflix under our big blanket from our bed. We are so blessed.
I am excited for this new year. We will be having a sweet baby boy, Jimmy will be graduating from an academy that he has put so much into, and there are so many other possibilities.
I have also made some a couple goals for myself....
Inviting friends over more
Not losing my temper in front of Lexi
Serving others more
and staying calm after I have this second child... this may be hard =)
Here is to 2013!!
And despite college, deployments, and whatever else, we have been together watching that ball drop each and every year since.
This year we spent the early hours of the night at Bret and Tevia's. It was fun. There were lots of yummy foods and fun drinks. My fav was the wings. I had about 10 and probably would have had more, had there not been anyone else there. Wings has become one of my favorite foods.
We stayed there a bit and then we left around 9ish to Jake and Cari's where we played Power Grid. This was so fun too. We love playing games over there. We all get silly and it is a good time. Jacob unfortunately won though!
Lexi made it to about 10 until we just HAD to put her down. And I was way impressed with Hazel and Speed because they actually made it to midnight! Crazy kids!
Anyways, our game finished seriously 10 minutes before midnight and so we rushed to get Lexi and sped home. (Jake and Cari don't have tv at all so we couldn't watch the ball drop there and they wanted to watch some concert that wasn't that important to us, so we opted to try and make the drop)
We arrived probably 10 seconds after it dropped lol. But there was still confetti everywhere and the moment was not lost. Lexi was awake at this point and so we all got to experience it together. It was amazing to be there with the two most important people in my life. I love them so much.
Lexi quickly went to bed and Jimmy and I stayed up drinking the whole bottle of sparkling cider and watching Netflix under our big blanket from our bed. We are so blessed.
I am excited for this new year. We will be having a sweet baby boy, Jimmy will be graduating from an academy that he has put so much into, and there are so many other possibilities.
I have also made some a couple goals for myself....
Inviting friends over more
Not losing my temper in front of Lexi
Serving others more
and staying calm after I have this second child... this may be hard =)
Here is to 2013!!
| Lexi found the bottle on the table the next day =) |


I just caught up on your blog - CONGRATULATIONS on your future son!!!! So happy for you, all of you! It looks like you're making your dreams become realities, Kathy. I love you!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! I love you back! And hope hope hope to see you this year!!
ReplyDelete