CHRISTMAS!!
![]() |
| WAIT! Santa is coming TONIGHT?!?!!? |
We has such an amazing Christmas this year! This was our FIRST Christmas morning in our own home and it was just as we wanted. Jacob, Cari, and their kids came up Christmas Eve and stayed through Christmas and I'm so glad they did!
We hung out that day and had pizza, I made fudge and Jacob made fun of me, we went out to dinner which I thought was actually fantastic! We ate at the Tavern Grill, which we actually weren't planning on, but did due to the circumstances (the other restaurant we had in mind was not open till a little bit later that night -I blame Jacob) but it turned out perfect in my opinion. =)
We stopped on the way home at Fry's where Hazel got a balloon (which she sent up to Jesus -for his birthday) and ice cream for peppermint shakes later that night. I actually was able to snag the last Dryer's Vanilla which happened to be on sale for two bucks! hehe
And when we got home we had a surprise box from Crystal waiting for us at the door with two awesome gifts for Lexi and Izaac, making their Christmas a lot more special! We then had the send off of the balloon which was actually adorable, lit the fire, listened to some good Christmas music, played some Nintendo, watched some touching videos about Jesus's birth with the kids, sent them off to bed, and watched "Jingle All the Way" and part of "Home Alone" and laughed a lot. =)
The kids also helped me put out carrots, cookies, and milk for Santa and it was very cute seeing how excited Hazel was.
The next morning was just perfect as the kids ran through the wrapping paper (blocking the room with the Christmas tree and all the presents/stockings- a family tradition). They were so happy and excited and it was very fun to be all together.
Lexi understood a little bit more this year that these "wrapped items" were goodies or toys (actually opened half her gifts earlier that month that she had found in the closet) so at first she just went at it, opening one gift to the next. We had to stop her a couple times when she would choose a gift that wasn't actually for her.
It wasn't until she got to the jewelry box from her Nona that she decided to finally spend some time on the gift itself. It was so cute to watch her just stare at that little dancer go round and round as the music played. It was one of her favorite gifts.
Everyone got lots of really good stuff and we thank everyone for all that we got! My favorite gifts were a gift card to my favorite shoe store (haven't bought shoes for myself in years!) and because it's a gift card, I have to spend it there! hehe =) and then my gift from Jimmy which was a weekend getaway for all of us to this Cabin up in Flagstaff. The best part was that I honestly had no clue and it was so fun to be surprised.
We had fun all day just relaxing and playing with all the gifts. It was weird for me a little though because since it was the first time having Christmas at our house, I made all the food and I really had never thought about all the time and work it took before because I never had to do it. So next year I think we are going to try something different for dinner that maybe takes a little less time. Cuz I want to play ALL day too! =)
Anyhow it was really an awesome Christmas. Thanks to Jake and Cari for making the drive up!! It was awesome being with you!



It's even more fun to read your blog since we've been in your home. :o)
ReplyDelete