Five kids under the age of 5

We had the pleasure (yes, pleasure) of watching Hazel, Speed, and Zizah a couple days after Christmas while Jake and Cari went up to San Fransisco to see BYU play in their bowl game.

And let me just say, their kids are awesome! It really made me miss seeing them on a daily basis. They did try to get a couple things pass me (they've always known I've always been a sucker for their cuteness) and ya okay, it basically worked every time =) but hey that's what aunts and uncles are for.

It was fun getting to know each of them a little bit more and spending time with them. It was also so fun having five little kiddies. The truth of the matter is, sometimes it was actually easier with five. Lexi still would not last longer than 15 minutes without coming to check in with me and Zeez loved to cuddle every couple hours or so but for the most part they really just all kept each other busy. Izaac was fantastic because he was always amused at watching the others and was never left alone. Hazel really liked to "make him happy" and it was very cute seeing her play the "mommy role".

And Speed and I had a very enjoyable and bonding moment on the car rug that Lex and Iz got for Christmas as it was just us two for about 15 minutes. He was so enthralled with the idea of this rug being a map, meant for cars, that he and I could control. It was very cute to watch his imagination explode as we sat there together and played.

Unfortunately, I actually felt pretty lousy for their stay. It actually got so bad at one point that before Jimmy left for work, I almost called a friend to come and take my little guys so it would be a tad bit easier for me. Luckily for me though, Jimmy gave me a very warm and comforting blessing and I actually felt better enough soon after, that I had confidence I would be okay.

One of the moments I loved the best was actually the next morning when Hazel come up from playing and asked me how I was feeling. I was just so impressed that she even remembered I had mentioned I wasn't feeling well and that she would take the time to ask me that. It was so thoughtful and sweet of her.

Jake and Cari, you may do some crazy things in that house of yours but your kids really are wonderful =) You are great parents.

I didn't get many pictures since I felt not so great. But here are the few I managed to get.





Comments

Popular Posts