New Year's Surprise!

On New Year's Eve we didn't have any big plans. Jimmy was taking an extra shift during the day and I had some friends and their kids coming over for a bit in the morning but we decided to just stay in for the night and get Chinese food since Jimmy would be working all day.

WELL... after our fun playdate that morning, I got back into the swing of things and eventually checked my phone. Turned out I had a missed call from a dear friend, Linda (or Sister) Ketcheson! =)

I was super excited because I thought she probably wouldn't call me unless she was in town!! And I was right!!!! It just happened to be that they were in-fact in town and even though I was quite worried they wouldn't want to come up to little Cottonwood, they assured me that it was very much okay!

Talk about the best surprise EVER! Ahhhh I was so excited! The Ketchesons are such great friends and we do not get to see them too often since they live up in Utah. Sister Ketcheson was my Young Women's President and since then has become like a second mother to me. I love her so much and it really was the best surprise that I was going to get to see her! And in our home!

I couldn't even wait to when they got to the door, we totally went outside to greet them! =)

We had SUCH a good time with them! And we lucked out because they were able to join us for some Chinese. It was so fun showing them around, catching up, and seeing them play with our two little crankies (both our kids were not in the best moods that evening).

It was actually sad after they left because it was just so fun to see them! THANK YOU SO MUCH again for coming up and seeing us! It meant so much to us that you made the trip!! We had the best time!

After they left we watched part of the nonsense (yes it really has become basically nonsense) on TV and let Lexi stay up. She eventually fell asleep on me around 10 and it was actually really nice because she hasn't done that in probably over a year. And after we put her to bed Jimmy and I both fell asleep ourselves and woke up literally 5 minutes before the ball dropped.

It fell, we kissed, and went back to bed. =)

Truth is, it was actually kind of nice.

Happy New Year's!!!

I WISH I had taken more pictures of the Ketchesons but I was just too excited so we didn't get one till the end! This year (hopefully) when we go up to Utah, we will get some more!


Comments

  1. It was so much fun to be with you and to spend some time getting acquainted with your little sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts