Yankee Game 2014



The day that Jimmy left, me, mom, and dad went to the Yankee game. I was so excited! There is just something so transcendent about being in a stadium to me. I love all the people, the togetherness, and looking out onto a massive beautiful field. A stadium is definitely one of my favorite places to be. I just can't explain the feeling I get there.

And I particularly love Yankee stadium because I have so many amazing memories there.... and of course, because I like the Yankees =)

They were playing the Mariners that night and for the first time, so I was even more excited because one of my favorite all time players, Robinson Cano, had just left the Yankees for the Mariners.

....Everyone booed him when he got up to the plate and I almost cried lol

Anyways, the game was COLD.

It was COLD.

And of course, we got there an hour early, so the cold was already set in our bones before the game even started.

But to be honest. It didn't really bother me! Thanks to my daddy, I had two steaming hot chocolates, a hot pretzel with mustard, and then I had lots of layers on and a blanket. I actually had a really good time, despite the cold and the fact that we lost.

I was so so glad we got to go.

One thing that I'll remember the most about this game though, was this one girl in the concession line, who was in front of me and dad.

First of all, she was in shorts. EVERYONE... EVERYONE! else was dressed in hats, scarves, gloves, and layer after layer.

AND she was buying an ICE CREAM CONE!!!!!!!

I honestly still believe she was a mutant of some sort. LOL

Anyways, a big thank you to mom and dad for taking me to the game and to Christina and Amanda for watching Lexi and Izaac while we were gone.... They weren't the easiest and it meant so much to me that you guys did that.

I didn't take my camera to the game because it was so rainy and yucky but I did bring my ipod so I got a couple.

Here is me and mom enjoying some hot chocolate before the game started
Love you mom!


Comments

Popular Posts