MADD
The day after my birthday (which was kind of nice timing) we got to go down to Phoenix to the Hilton Hotel and have a special evening sponsored by MADD or "Mothers Against Drunk Driving"
We got to go because Jimmy was awarded the 2014 DUI Enforcement Award. I am so proud of him. He is working so hard and is definitely making a difference in his community and in his department.
For the record, these awards are actually quite rare. There are not that many given out and this organization gives awards to police officers all over the state of Arizona. So it's a big pool of people to pull from.
Jimmy's chief of police nominated Jimmy, even though he has only been working in this field for a little over a year. I just think that is incredible. Only one other officer in Sedona has received an award like this.
Way to go babe!
It was a fun night. There were lots of other officers there with their wives. I kind of wish Jimmy wore his uniform like many others did, but it's alright, he still looked hott =)
There was a silent auction in the beginning with horderves and then there was a dinner about an hour afterward. The food, wasn't too great lol but it definitely was fancy and it did look good.
They had a couple of speeches (one was from a mother who had lost a daughter to a drunk driver and it was so sad) and then at the end they had the different officers go up for the different awards.
I got teary when Jimmy got up, or should I say hopped. Haha all the other officers walked up the stairs but he took a small short cut and hopped up onto the platform, it was funny. He's a cutie =)
I really enjoyed getting to know Jimmy's Chief throughout the dinner. I got to sit by him and he is a wonderful person.
It was a really nice evening.
Here's a picture of us in the beginning. Not the most flattering but when with Jimmy, I usually only get one shot haha =)
Congratulations hun! You are amazing!


Comments
Post a Comment