No Turkey for us


This Thanksgiving was definitely quite different from all of the other Thanksgivings I have ever had. For one thing, it's the first one that I can remember where there was no turkey. And for another, it was just me and the kids all day haha. Oh, and our Direct TV was out (of course on this day of all days) so there was no football either.

But it actually ended up being a pretty great day. Jimmy worked till 6:30pm so were going to just get Chinese but.... it was closed lol. Luckily I got to run to the store the night before. 

Anyways, we had donuts in the morning. Took some fun pictures. Lexi dressed up and actually ended up looking similar to a pilgram which I thought was hilarious. We watched a couple Christmas movies, Lexi helped me make a chocolate cream pie, and then I made shrimp pasta and garlic bread for dinner. 

Very non-traditional. However, it really is all about family and I am so grateful for the one I have. 
We took some more pictures when Jimmy got home. 
It was fun. 
Everyone got silly and there was still just that special holiday spirit in the air. 










"We're so glad when Daddy comes home!"



Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts