Lexi's Pool Party

We asked Lexi what she wanted to do for her birthday this year and she instantly responded that she wanted to have a pool party. Not much of a surprise there. I then asked her, if she wanted friends or family at the party and she said family. She also requested that we do the party at Bret and Tevia's house because they had a diving board.

Luckily for her, Bret and Tevia were super nice and let her have her wish. Her birthday fell on a Thursday but Jimmy had to work that day so we celebrated a day early since Jimmy had that Wednesday off.

This was the first year, that the celebration was one, not in our own home, and two, where I did not make the cake. It felt so strange not making one! But Lexi said she wanted an ice cream one from the "ice cream place" and that she wanted a rainbow on it. So I thought, why not? =)

I let her come and get the cake with me before the party which she thought was the coolest thing. And we also stopped at party city and got some balloons. It was so fun watching her get all the birthday stuff. She was over the moon and just glowing! And I just kept trying not to cry... I don't understand how she is already 5!!!

We had fun setting up the balloons but it didn't take long until all she wanted to do was jump in the water lol. Even taking pictures took a little bit of bribing.



So before people even showed up, this girl had already jumped in. 






Pretty soon her cousins got there and joined her.




  
She had a blast. In fact, she didn't even really want to come out for cake! That took some convincing too.








  
But eventually she was out of the water.




Here is her rainbow cake which she was very happy with =)
I have to say, so was I. Sometimes the cakes Dairy Queen make have such heavily died frosting so it gets on everything but this one was mostly white, which was oh so nice.


5 years old!





She kept covering her mouth because she was both shy and excited lol.
It was absolutely adorable.



And here is the video of everyone singing happy birthday!




The cake was a hit!


Present time!
She didn't have too many presents to open at Bret and Tevia's because she was opening most of them the next day on her real birthday but she really enjoyed the few that she got that day! Especially the balancing board that Tevia got her.






Happy birthday Lexi girl. We LOVE you!!!




Comments

Popular Posts