My Five Year Old
Today our sweet adventurous Lexi girl turned 5. It was a whole 5 years ago that she made us family of three. And it is so hard to believe that it has really been that long. I swear just yesterday I was watching her take her first steps.
So to my sweet Lexi girl, here are some things I want us all to remember when you turned 5.
First, you are more adventurous, daring, and active than ever. You are crossing monkey bars, riding on roller skates, going knee boarding, climbing up ropes and walls, doing more and more tricks at gymnastics, jumping off any and everything, and continuing to make people just stop and stare.
You are just so dang strong and crazy!
But it's something we love most about you because it is these qualities that make up the most of who you are. Being so active, strong, and daring plays a huge part of your life.
And I am so proud of you for always wanting to try new things and challenge yourself.
Though on the downside, you still are not a very good sleeper. And as you grow (slowly lol) I am realizing how much it has to do with all of that energy you have. You are just such a "go go go!" person and it is so hard for you to get your body to relax. You have noticed this yourself and will often tell me, "My eyes just won't sleep, I just can't do it". So there are still lots of nights that it takes a good hour or two for you to finally check into some REMS.
Though on the downside, you still are not a very good sleeper. And as you grow (slowly lol) I am realizing how much it has to do with all of that energy you have. You are just such a "go go go!" person and it is so hard for you to get your body to relax. You have noticed this yourself and will often tell me, "My eyes just won't sleep, I just can't do it". So there are still lots of nights that it takes a good hour or two for you to finally check into some REMS.
You are also still so incredibly careful and observant. You watch others so closely and are still very particular with who you trust. I am getting more and more nervous about you going to school for this reason. Because, if you decide you do not trust someone, well it is not easy for you or anyone else. I also love it at the same time. I actually am finding peace with knowing how reserved you are. As you get older, I love knowing that you can feel a bad situation from a good one.
And it is fun to watch you start to converse with more and more with people that you do trust. It is becoming more and more common for people to come up to me and say, "Lexi actually talked to me!"
And of course I especially love when you talk to me.
You love to come up to me and just ask me to talk to you. And then we talk about anything and everything. It is becoming a time that I cherish most. I love hearing about what you are thinking or dreaming of. And luckily it is almost all butterflies, rainbows, princesses, and flowers lol.
Same thing when you draw.
It makes me happy to see that you are clearly full of light and love.
You also are still such a dear helper. You love to help do chores or help me in the kitchen. You always tell me that I have to teach you these things so that one day you could be a mom too. It makes me melt right down to the floor.
And when you are playing by yourself or with Izaac, you are almost always pretending to be the mom.
You really are such a delight Lexi. Once in a while you will get worked up and then it take a good 10 minutes for you to calm down (usually when this happens, it is because you NEED sleep) and usually it is still only me that can calm you down when you get like this, but other than that, you are such a good and happy girl.
I am still very nervous about school coming up but I still feel like it is the right thing to send you. I hope and pray that you love it.
Here are your favorites right now...
Favorite Food: Cheeseburger and french fries AND of course pizza
Favorite Thing to do: Go swimming
Favorite Dessert: Cake
Favorite Color: Purple and pink
Favorite Show: Calliou
Favorite Snack: Chips
Favorite Book: "Angel Book"
Favorite Song: "Star shining Brightly"
Favorite Place to go: Grandma and Grandpa's house
Favorite Animal: Piggy and bunny
Best Friend: Mommy
WE LOVE YOU LEXI! And we hope that you have the best year a five year old can have.

Comments
Post a Comment