One WHOLE Hand!

We all woke up on July 21st, ready to celebrate our favorite new five year old! Though, she claimed she was still four as soon as she woke up... I think it may have something to do with the fact that you go to school when you are five...


She woke up to balloons taped to her bed and streamers hanging from her door. And although it took her a few minutes to appreciate it all and of course, the fact, that she was in fact one year older, she eventually accepted it.





I think seeing all her presents on the counter helped =)







Fortunately for her, she got to open her gifts almost immediately too because Jimmy had to go to work that morning and then Grandma had to get going as well. (Lexi really wanted Grandma to be there on her special day and so Grandma took the trip up to be there for the morning)







 Her favorite gifts were the roller skates from Aunt Amanda and the scooter from us. I am not too sure what we were thinking as she has crashed multiple times already today but I take pride in the fact that she is active and moving.




After presents and some skating around, we had pancakes. Pancakes are without a doubt, Lexi's favorite breakfast and so I made her special heart ones today. We also had bacon which she requested because that too, is an all time favorite.


After some breakfast it was time to do some more skating and scooting. These gifts were truly right up her ally! She also got a couple games in of Sleeping Queens before Daddy and Grandma had to leave. Jimmy got her this game and it was definitely a win. She loves it.



That afternoon we went out and got Taco Bell for lunch (a new found love) and picked up the flowers and chocolates that Nona had gotten her. They were at a florist's down in Old Town.




Lexi loved them and I think they made her feel very special and mature.

Though I must say for the record that the roller skates took the cake. All day that is what she kept going back to. And it was just the cutest thing ever when she put on all the gear to go with them.



We spent the rest of the day just playing and lounging and of course, watching Lexi roll (fall) around the house.



We love you Lexi girl. SO SO SO SO much and are so thankful that you are in our family!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts