Pancake Flipper


One of Lexi's new favorite things to do is making and flipping pancakes. 

It wasn't the easiest thing in the world for me to let her do... since well lots of grown ups can not even flip a pancake with out making a huge mess of batter, but I made it an important goal to teach my kids how to do certain things this year and so for the first couple times I would watch in terror as she flipped those pancakes. 

And yes.... some messes were of course made.

BUT she is getting so much better! We have them at least once a week, sometimes two, and you better believe she is there EVERY time those babies are ready to be flipped. 
So she is starting to get in lots of practice. 

I love this part of motherhood so much, to watch as my kids learn how to do something on their own, and then to watch them get SO excited when they do it right. 

Lexi is on her way to being such an amazing homemaker one day. 
I am so proud of her and how careful and precise she is. 

I mean look at that flip! 
....And she is only 4!! =)






Comments

Popular Posts